Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoreNetworks over Leeware?

clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I was wondering if anyone used a CoreNetwork dedicated server, and if so, what do they think about it?

I have the base Leeware server right now, and I'm not really impressed with the speeds or the HD space (but I'm only paying $20 a month, so what can I expect).

I was thinking about switching to the base CoreNetwork server, only 5 dollars more a month and +60 more gigs of HD space. The only advantage I can see for Leeware is that the bandwith is unmetered and CN has a 1000gig limit...but as of right now I doubt I could exceed that with Leeware. And I heard that there is a setup fee with that model, if so, does anyone know how much it is?

Also, I know that currently CN is not taking new orders, so this change would be made whenever they start up again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    $69 setup fee

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Well does anyone know anything about the speeds...the setup fee might but too much for my cheap ass

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    leeware is all about being lucky to be set up at the right machine. If they set you up at a machine where most of the people use it as website hosts, you will get great speeds, but if you get in on one with BitTorrent freaks...you know what happens

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    maxrebo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Not quite. IIRC, Leeware's network topology involves all traffic going out over the same WAN link. Sure, you might get luckier with CPU load, but WAN speed is the same across everything at leeware.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    yeah, but doesn't each server have it's own port switch with it's own limits in which you have to work?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    CoreNetwork are dedicated servers right? So are the speeds better?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    what is the url of corenetwork ?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    yes, you're looking at dedis at the moment, they don't have VPS, for the speeds you will need to check out what the give you, but genrally, you get what it says you get, if it says 100/100 Mbit, that will be your speed, because that's the speed your server is connected to the internet at, with Leeware, you just use part of the server that they have, and other people use it as well, so the limit they talk about is the limit for all of the people using the server together

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechrobot View Post
    yes, you're looking at dedis at the moment, they don't have VPS, for the speeds you will need to check out what the give you, but genrally, you get what it says you get, if it says 100/100 Mbit, that will be your speed, because that's the speed your server is connected to the internet at, with Leeware, you just use part of the server that they have, and other people use it as well, so the limit they talk about is the limit for all of the people using the server together
    I see. I was also thinking about one of these (Hosting-IE), but I'm not sure if it would work for a server

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast