Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WHo IS DDoSing RTS and WHY!?!?!

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzy Rox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    im sure patriot knows more than you dude..
    Oh dear, you are sadly deluded.

To be honest its probably wild with all his unfounded rts hate. Its getting a bit ridiculous now.

Yep its me, and when i am done with rts i am going to ddos your home connection

If it was me you think i would have posted a link where they can get stuff to help block this. I would have said nothing and kept on going. If they used what i told one in pm and have it set up right in apache, then even if they ddos it would stop 70 to 80% of it. Site might be slow at times but at least its up untill they give up.

We still get ddos every day, but we are fast to act and email there host with screen shots of what there servers are being used for.

So before you start blaming people get a fucking clue

Wild

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    ExT's Avatar Stewie Fan BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Just received a message from RTS saying that i have a pm lol but i can't access the site..

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    C'mon peppzzz Stop blaming other people....Most of the private trackers are also attacked by DDOS...It is common problem in torrent site...just wait and let the admins of RTS fix it...
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by pandapop View Post
    the fact it (and the bt community generally) is populated with silly teenagers full of hormones and depression
    HEY! ... lol

i wish i knew how to ddos... that would be wicked cool...

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    tried the mod_dosevasive Apache Module??

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    to ddos you would have to have a very fast connection or connection with very fast proxy which could do it for you, but if you're more advanced you can stall the server by sending some datasheets.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    im sure patriot knows more than you dude..

To be honest its probably wild with all his unfounded rts hate. Its getting a bit ridiculous now.
    I myself can vouch for wild.. I know for a fact he would not be doing stupid stuff like this no matter how retared the site may be.

Most staff from other communities are worried about their own sites and could litterally gives a rats testicle about other sites.

Their site doesnt really have enough users, files, or good pres to reach any concern by the scene in my opinion.

My honest bet would be that its a server setting not configged correctly. If sites use alot of SQL that often causes it to seem like the sites being attacked.
    Another thing maybe the server itself that the sites on just sucks. Ive seen it alot of times.
    Or quite possibly someone who got banned or couldnt get an invite ect... but I doubt it would be anyone mad cause they couldnt get an invite cause the invites are a dime a dozen from what ive seen. So Of the banned/invite I would guess it would be someone who was banned.

Alot of sites get ddos'ed daily... mine included. The reason for the dos attackes are ussually unknown. Sometimes the staff may have an idea.. Mine in particular is due to the fact I ban queer release groups like Neptune and MVS off my site when I catch them stealing our releases.
    Other sites like F*N and SCT get attacked due to the fact they release stuff with good pres ect..
    It all depends. Wild acctually mentioned a few good ideas on how to somewhat solve the problem if it is in fact even a ddos attack.

Hopefully you guys find the exact reason/people ddos' and can get the issue fixed.

P.S. Another thing you can check the connection timeout settings in appache. If its set higher than 10 then you should reduce it since high numbers are not even needed and can really kill a server.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

I myself can vouch for wild.. I know for a fact he would not be doing stupid stuff like this no matter how retared the site may be.

Most staff from other communities are worried about their own sites and could litterally gives a rats testicle about other sites.

Their site doesnt really have enough users, files, or good pres to reach any concern by the scene in my opinion.

My honest bet would be that its a server setting not configged correctly. If sites use alot of SQL that often causes it to seem like the sites being attacked.
    Another thing maybe the server itself that the sites on just sucks. Ive seen it alot of times.
    Or quite possibly someone who got banned or couldnt get an invite ect... but I doubt it would be anyone mad cause they couldnt get an invite cause the invites are a dime a dozen from what ive seen. So Of the banned/invite I would guess it would be someone who was banned.

Alot of sites get ddos'ed daily... mine included. The reason for the dos attackes are ussually unknown. Sometimes the staff may have an idea.. Mine in particular is due to the fact I ban queer release groups like Neptune and MVS off my site when I catch them stealing our releases.
    Other sites like F*N and SCT get attacked due to the fact they release stuff with good pres ect..
    It all depends. Wild acctually mentioned a few good ideas on how to somewhat solve the problem if it is in fact even a ddos attack.

Hopefully you guys find the exact reason/people ddos' and can get the issue fixed.

P.S. Another thing you can check the connection timeout settings in appache. If its set higher than 10 then you should reduce it since high numbers are not even needed and can really kill a server.
    To let everyone know, the site is back up and running perfectly fine. The server has now been secured completely to help prevent ddos attacks.

Just to let you know Melvinmeow, it was definately a ddos attack and I am completely sure that a site with 900 users and hosted on a dual xeon 2.8ghz, 2gb ram is not the problem (infact I think the server would run fine with 10000+ members)

Anyway, if anyone has problems accessing the site, please dont complain in this thread, send me a PM, and you will be sorted out. Or simple go onto RTS Irc.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Wasnt saying it was your server. Regaurdless to the server specs if configs are not set properly for hosting torrents then it would overload pretty much any server. I was merely giving you ideas of where to look in the event it was not a ddos attack.

Most server defaults have the timeouts set for higher numbers because it doesnt normally matter really. When you are hosting torrent sites with the same settings for regular web it doesnt work too well. Due to the fact there are alot of announces and queries that a normal website would not receive.

Glad you got the issues solved. Hopefully whoever was ddos'in your site will knock it off now that they know you guys figured out how to block em.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by RTS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post

To let everyone know, the site is back up and running perfectly fine. The server has now been secured completely to help prevent ddos attacks.

Just to let you know Melvinmeow, it was definately a ddos attack and I am completely sure that a site with 900 users and hosted on a dual xeon 2.8ghz, 2gb ram is not the problem (infact I think the server would run fine with 10000+ members)

Anyway, if anyone has problems accessing the site, please dont complain in this thread, send me a PM, and you will be sorted out. Or simple go onto RTS Irc.

Well like Melvinmeow already said you can have the a quad server with 10gb ram and you will still have problems. if apache is not set up right it can act like a ddos. Also wb uses 3 servers at 3.0 xeon and 2 gb ram in 2 and 4 in the 3rd. And when i first broght the servers on line i over looked some small apache seetings and the site was crawling for 24 to 48 hours. Also you can set up mysql different so it only uses so much ram per connection which will help save load. You might also want to do the same thing with connections as you do with writes per sec. This can add up fast on sites with alot of toys and slow your site down. many things to look at when setting up a site.

But with about 5000 members and using mysql and apache default settings that server should handle it just fine, depending on the addons you are using.

Wild
    Last edited by wildbytes; 05-07-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast