Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with leeware

redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I was trying to stop and restart VNC server yesterday on my leeware server, but I don't know it stopped in between and from that I am not able to connect to my server, neither by putty nor by Web UI. I have emailed Lee about my problem, but he just doesn't reply. It is more than 1 day now.

I am able to ping the server, but I can't connect using putty. It gives a message 'Network error: Connection refused'.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think lee is about to loose a lot of business.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Have the same problem this morning, everything was fine last night

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah I have been hearing a lot of problems about this lately, mine was down two nights ago and it came back up yesterday afternoon.

If you need Lee to reboot your server you need to send an email to [email protected] with the subject line in the following syntax:
    sys-id-xx-xxx [reboot | help | <any other issue>]

The sys-id can be found in your welcome email, normally a simple [reboot] will get your server up and running again in about 6-12 hours. If your running Torrent software or a VNC server on it, remember that you'll need to log in again and start them up.

From what I hear Lee does this as a second job, so be patient.

Also, you get what you pay for...remember that. But unfortunately I too may switch over to Leaseweb after this month, the bad uptimes and not-so-great speeds are almost not even worth the low price point.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by clos View Post
    If you need Lee to reboot your server you need to send an email to [email protected] with the subject line in the following syntax:
    I had sent him exactly same email with the correct subject, but he doesn't reply. I had sent him another support email a week ago, but still I haven't got any reply.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    clos's Avatar The Zinc Saucier BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by redMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clos View Post
    I had sent him exactly same email with the correct subject, but he doesn't reply. I had sent him another support email a week ago, but still I haven't got any reply.
    A whole week uh?
    He always gets back to me within a day...thats a shame mate, may want to consider a different provider....

Leaseweb has base dedicated servers for 40 a month and no setup fee. I hear the speeds are the best you can ask for + an 80 gig HD (big improvement over Leeware), the issue is you only get 500 gigs a month bandwith, and if you go over it you pay (I think) around 50 cents a gig

But you can do a lot with 500 gigs

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Leeware is %$%$%?$?%$!!!

He just restarted my VPS and 5 minutes later, same problem, the network connection is lost... damn....!

i was only running utorrent (with 1 torrent uploading at 100k/s) and kde desktop.

is that too much for this hosting?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    i wouldent run KDE, i would prolly go with Fluxbox or something really light. i made my order with Lee about 24 hours ago...yesterday got an email asking me to confirm the order and nothing since :*(

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    mikechrobot's Avatar Trader Hater BT Rep: +2
    good thing people are getting pissed at leeware, cause then everyone will leave, it won't be overloaded, and other people will have great stability and speeds

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    im not getting pissed, i was expecting it from reading up here...you get what u pay for prettymuch and right now its what i can afford. Honstly my upload isnt that great at home so im sure it'll be worth it, ive made worse purchases with $20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast