Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should I travel to?

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Planning a trip to Europe next summer and need destination suggestions. I haven't been there since I was a kid. I went to Germany and Switzerland and that was beautiful, but quite a long time ago.

I'd like to do a bit of country side for a few days, but urban areas mostly I guess, in order to stay entertained.

Mostly though, I want to relax and drink.

I certainly don't care anything about keeping a schedule of things to do or worry about time restraints. I want to sit, have nice scenery, nice people, and just relax.

I hear Spain is nice, Scotland always looks beautiful. Suggestions?

ps - Not France
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-09-2007 at 05:46 PM.

yo

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    France

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    France
    Except France. I actually meant to put that in the original post.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    I would never have guessed.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Edinburgh

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    How long will you have? I would suggest several things to do, but it all depends on how much time and what you like to do other than just drink. Are you just looking for aplace to chill or do you want to see somethings and stay somewhere with a good nightlife.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    How long will you have? I would suggest several things to do, but it all depends on how much time and what you like to do other than just drink. Are you just looking for aplace to chill or do you want to see somethings and stay somewhere with a good nightlife.
    All of the above I suppose. I'll be off work for 2 weeks, so I'll have plenty of time.

I want to do the touristy thing a bit as I love history, and we just don't get to see anything older than about 120 years in Texas. We've still relatively "new"

I certainly don't care anything about keeping a schedule of things to do or worry about time restraints. I want to sit, have nice scenery, nice people, and just relax.

yo

8. Lounge   -   #8
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well if it is the beach or ocean you want... I would say Croatia, Greece and Spain. If the history involves WWII stuff, Germany would be a good one to do. I know you don't want to go to France, but Paris and Normandy are always places to go there as well. There is always Amsterdam, Prague (Praha), Berlin, Rome.

If you plan on going to England, you might want to bring a little extra cash as it can be a little more expensive than other places.

I think it really depends on what type of history you are into. If you norrow it down and pick a few places, I can help you come up with a plan of attack and how to get from one spot to the next.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Well if it is the beach or ocean you want... I would say Croatia, Greece and Spain. If the history involves WWII stuff, Germany would be a good one to do. I know you don't want to go to France, but Paris and Normandy are always places to go there as well. There is always Amsterdam, Prague (Praha), Berlin, Rome.

If you plan on going to England, you might want to bring a little extra cash as it can be a little more expensive than other places.

I think it really depends on what type of history you are into. If you norrow it down and pick a few places, I can help you come up with a plan of attack and how to get from one spot to the next.
    Guy at work went to Croatia last year - spoke highly of the beaches.
    Greece I hear is a bit overrated, but what do I know.
    Amsterdam - The stories I hear are overshadowed by all the drug usage - not my scene.
    Normandy France might be a possibility as a day trip, or in passing.
    Prague is hear is nice. Cramped, but nice.
    Berlin, Rome - Sure, why not?

As for narrowing it down, well that's what this thread is for.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Blackpool.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast