Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got scammed out of an SCT invite.

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by pwilly View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry but im a newbie and with little experience. I come across this great website and found so much helpful information, its brilliant so many people offer help. In regards to this post.... in simple terms for my protection in the future. How did you get scammed? were you meant to swap invites and you sent yours and he never sent his? Should i never trade to be safe but then how would i ever get an invite. Thanks for any advice guys.... sorry im new.
    Don't NEVER trade, but be more cautious than I have been. When going into a trade, wear your cynics hat. Yes, I sent the invite and he never responded. Of course, this wasn't on FST, but it has and does happen here as well. Just be careful. I should have used a middleman and also should have requested proof that he had membership to that tracker. But This is not the end of the world. I still have my account. Although I'm peeved, I will still trade again. However, next time I will be a bit wiser and much more cautious.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster
    I had a good friend, she was a staff member on lots of good sites, we had a good internet based friendship and she would hook me up with invites left & right.... So I haven't really traded very many accounts. I actually prefer to get an invite than to trade accounts, I only have one traded account in my list...

I kinda know how you feel I got screwed trying to setup a group buy on a site and sent money to a fukin cocksucka that claimed to be purchasing the material... Anyway chalk it up as a loss and now you are MUCH WISER they can fool you once but NOT TWICE...

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Architect View Post
    I had a good friend, she was a staff member on lots of good sites, we had a good internet based friendship and she would hook me up with invites left & right.... So I haven't really traded very many accounts. I actually prefer to get an invite than to trade accounts, I only have one traded account in my list...

I kinda know how you feel I got screwed trying to setup a group buy on a site and sent money to a fukin cocksucka that claimed to be purchasing the material... Anyway chalk it up as a loss and now you are MUCH WISER they can fool you once but NOT TWICE...
    Well, lets hope.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Hi everyone, sorry but im a newbie and with little experience. I come across this great website and found so much helpful information, its brilliant so many people offer help. In regards to this post.... in simple terms for my protection in the future. How did you get scammed? were you meant to swap invites and you sent yours and he never sent his? Should i never trade to be safe but then how would i ever get an invite. Thanks for any advice guys.... sorry im new.
    Don't NEVER trade
    Let me rephrase that.. I'll give you some advice, pwilly. Don't EVER trade. Trading pretty much goes against everything there is to FileSHARING. I mean, the whole point of it all is to get something you want for FREE at a private tracker. I see the point trying to obtain invites to TL, BitME, OiNK, BitmeTV, and maybe even the oh so prestigious FTN. But what is more to it? Fun? The "Adrenaline Rush"? ROFLMAO (@ Niteghost)

Pwilly, think about this: I've never "swapped" invites before, and I have pretty much EVERYTHING I need. I've only been here for a few months or so, and I can just call someone up and ask for an invite to even SCT! Guess what, I get it! Oh, and not to mention a TOTALLY RANDOM member here just HANDED an invite to FTN a couple weeks ago. I was actually shell shocked, but took it anyways with grace.

I started with only a BitSoup when my friend introduced me to BitTorrent, then I came across this site - in which a very generous member gave me a TL invite. I was pretty ecstatic. I just kept my honest self in this forum and contributed by posting helpful and useful stuff to new guys. Then I ended up with an OiNK invite by one of the greatest dudes here (Manker). So I became a PU+ at OiNK, and began giving out invites to cool and honest guys who deserved it. I thought I was set after receiving some more invites to other trackers, and gave away more invites/accounts in the process.

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya.
    No Whining

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    pwilly's Avatar PW
    Thanks for the reply guys. Ok i shall carefully trade, will do as you suggest and give any invites i come across, out to people that seem cool and honest. Thanks again for your help. Its a great website, i dont start any new posts as everytime i have a question, i search and find its been asked and answered. very helpful people around. :-)
    Last edited by pwilly; 06-19-2007 at 07:46 AM. Reason: grammar

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Don't NEVER trade
    Let me rephrase that.. I'll give you some advice, pwilly. Don't EVER trade. Trading pretty much goes against everything there is to FileSHARING. I mean, the whole point of it all is to get something you want for FREE at a private tracker. I see the point trying to obtain invites to TL, BitME, OiNK, BitmeTV, and maybe even the oh so prestigious FTN. But what is more to it? Fun? The "Adrenaline Rush"? ROFLMAO (@ Niteghost)

Pwilly, think about this: I've never "swapped" invites before, and I have pretty much EVERYTHING I need. I've only been here for a few months or so, and I can just call someone up and ask for an invite to even SCT! Guess what, I get it! Oh, and not to mention a TOTALLY RANDOM member here just HANDED an invite to FTN a couple weeks ago. I was actually shell shocked, but took it anyways with grace.

I started with only a BitSoup when my friend introduced me to BitTorrent, then I came across this site - in which a very generous member gave me a TL invite. I was pretty ecstatic. I just kept my honest self in this forum and contributed by posting helpful and useful stuff to new guys. Then I ended up with an OiNK invite by one of the greatest dudes here (Manker). So I became a PU+ at OiNK, and began giving out invites to cool and honest guys who deserved it. I thought I was set after receiving some more invites to other trackers, and gave away more invites/accounts in the process.

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya.
    Well said. I really don't trade that often, but it is fun to try other trackers occasionally to see what's out there.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Thanks for the reply guys. Ok i shall never trade, but will do as you suggest and give any invites i come across out to people that seem cool and honest. Thanks again for your help. Its a great website, i dont start any new posts as everytime i have a question, i search and find its been asked and answered. very helpful people around. :-)
    Always glad to help, that's what it's all about, mate.

Btw, if you need a TL invite to get you started, just PM me your e-mail address.
    No Whining

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ChotaZorro's Avatar Arsenal Fan BT Rep: +1
    I'm sorry for that, mbucari. I guess next time if you're going to trade, let the other guy send the invite first if he's offering something not as good as you are. Anyways, hope you good luck in trading for the future.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    crossfade's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

what a wonderful story!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    ChotaZorro's Avatar Arsenal Fan BT Rep: +1
    Don't NEVER trade

Good story, I myself have learned a lesson from it and wish that others might as well learn.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast