Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Got scammed out of an SCT invite.

BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Sorry to hear about this mbucari1. It must be well pissing off and I agree that all scammers should be shot.

But I do agree with some of the views posted here. I REFUSE to trade invites/accounts and make such a big deal out of nothing, really. Trading invites takes away the "Sharing" aspect of "Filesharing." I have always given out my invites for free. Any time I have seen a user desperately needing an invite, I send them one and ask for nothing in return. You will be surprised HOW MANY of them then constantly ask me if there are any invites I need. I am not one of those "trophy collectors" who registers and never bothers to use their accounts. Therefore, when friends sometimes send me invites and I KNOW I'm not going to use it, I send it to whoever may make use of it. I have gotten invites to most of my accounts through people who I have helped out at one point and they want to help me and ask for nothing in return. I think if you stick to just giving away invites you will see how much more you get back in return.

Hope those scammers do end up getting banned cos they don't deserve it. But remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Quote Originally Posted by ChotaZorro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post

Let me rephrase that.. I'll give you some advice, pwilly. Don't EVER trade. Trading pretty much goes against everything there is to FileSHARING. I mean, the whole point of it all is to get something you want for FREE at a private tracker. I see the point trying to obtain invites to TL, BitME, OiNK, BitmeTV, and maybe even the oh so prestigious FTN. But what is more to it? Fun? The "Adrenaline Rush"? ROFLMAO (@ Niteghost)

Pwilly, think about this: I've never "swapped" invites before, and I have pretty much EVERYTHING I need. I've only been here for a few months or so, and I can just call someone up and ask for an invite to even SCT! Guess what, I get it! Oh, and not to mention a TOTALLY RANDOM member here just HANDED an invite to FTN a couple weeks ago. I was actually shell shocked, but took it anyways with grace.

I started with only a BitSoup when my friend introduced me to BitTorrent, then I came across this site - in which a very generous member gave me a TL invite. I was pretty ecstatic. I just kept my honest self in this forum and contributed by posting helpful and useful stuff to new guys. Then I ended up with an OiNK invite by one of the greatest dudes here (Manker). So I became a PU+ at OiNK, and began giving out invites to cool and honest guys who deserved it. I thought I was set after receiving some more invites to other trackers, and gave away more invites/accounts in the process.

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya.
    Good story, I myself have learned a lesson from it and wish that others might as well learn.
    why did u get disabled at sct ?? lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Omaster's Avatar ISC4LYFE BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Probably because he whined about him not being eligible for the 2 invites .

ISC - The Israeli elite.

Seedbox

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaster View Post
    Probably because he whined about him not being eligible for the 2 invites .
    lol .. that sucks ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Happens dude we cant help it..

there are cheaters in every society

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsSB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Don\\\\\\\'t NEVER trade
    Let me rephrase that.. I\\\\\\\'ll give you some advice, pwilly. Don\\\\\\\'t EVER trade. Trading pretty much goes against everything there is to FileSHARING. I mean, the whole point of it all is to get something you want for FREE at a private tracker. I see the point trying to obtain invites to TL, BitME, OiNK, BitmeTV, and maybe even the oh so prestigious FTN. But what is more to it? Fun? The "Adrenaline Rush"? ROFLMAO (@ Niteghost)

Pwilly, think about this: I\\\\\\\'ve never "swapped" invites before, and I have pretty much EVERYTHING I need. I\\\\\\\'ve only been here for a few months or so, and I can just call someone up and ask for an invite to even SCT! Guess what, I get it! Oh, and not to mention a TOTALLY RANDOM member here just HANDED an invite to FTN a couple weeks ago. I was actually shell shocked, but took it anyways with grace.

I started with only a BitSoup when my friend introduced me to BitTorrent, then I came across this site - in which a very generous member gave me a TL invite. I was pretty ecstatic. I just kept my honest self in this forum and contributed by posting helpful and useful stuff to new guys. Then I ended up with an OiNK invite by one of the greatest dudes here (Manker). So I became a PU+ at OiNK, and began giving out invites to cool and honest guys who deserved it. I thought I was set after receiving some more invites to other trackers, and gave away more invites/accounts in the process.

So.. Life (well, actually Torrent) lesson of the day. Just be honest, keep cool, contribute, give back to the community, and all your wishes will come flying to ya.
    Sure, if you\'re willing to wait a few months (or more), by all means this is the way to go. If you\'re impatient like me however, waiting that long can be rather tedious. I agree though, I don\'t really understand at all the motivation of people who trade for the sake of it. Especially considering some of the people one runs into when trading.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by PiraSoftCORP View Post
    trading invites is not how you get to the top of the torrent pyramid. It is by getting to know people in torrent forums and making connections and you will realize how invites will be arriving to your mailbox freely without anything in return.

With only 14 posts you got it down better than some guys with over 1000. Good job and absolutely correct Most of my top 5hit I got for free, Hell just yesterday someone got a friend who didn't even know me to give me SCT for free! It pays to do favors for people and help out as much as you can around here it will come back to you. Karma guys

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345