Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

Thread: Windows XP Pro Corp N SP2 04-2007 eth0

I just installed the release in the title. This is my first time using XP, I've was using win2kpro prior to XP. Anyhow, when I go to do a search, I tell it to search through all files and folders. It will come back with 1 result and 1 result only. I was curious if there was a setting somewhere that limits its search results to only one or if my install is just messed up. I searched everywhere, didn't have any luck...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Good choice on the release , ethO is nice with all the sp updates . Did you check all the search options ?

Click All Files And Folders, open the More Advanced Options panel, and click the Search System Folders check box. Make sure the Search Hidden Files And Folders check box is selected too.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ya, I've done all that, still no luck

EDIT: Well this is a freshly installed OS, about 2-3 days old and it's had probably 15 reboots. For whatever reason, I rebooted and it fixed my search problems. Thanks for the help anyways.
    Last edited by y7deluxe; 05-12-2007 at 10:41 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Isn't that typical of Windows tho ? Whats funny is I was working backwards , as I turn most of the fast searching options off on my setup .