Thread: Why do people put chain letters in youtube comments? / funny video

slim150's Avatar Poster
    Why the hell do people put chain letters in youtube video comments?! It annoys me that much I want to make a discussion about it. Like who the hell honestly believes in them. Do you think these are 13 year olds or what?

My favorites are "THIS IS NOT A CHAIN LETTER IT REALLY WORKS..." and then some garbage about love or dying if you don't do it.

An example of one I found on this funny video of a hockey kid fight for your enjoyment. 45 seconds+ I find hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8l9d2ogqc
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Probably the same people that starts those chain letter spamfests you've received in your email. The more popular the video, the more prevalent those annoying comments are.

Although the real knuckleheads are those that actually fall for it and contributes to its propagation.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    its the same people spamming blogs, groups, and other sharing sites out there. Get used to it.
    As long as .01 percent of people respond to or contribute to it, spammers will be around to profit from it or just to annoy.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Because they're fckin' retarded.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Dry

They have nothing better to do with their lives. It's sad. And pathetic.

I use to get chain letters in my email inbox from people I know personally and I've always replied back saying how "fckin' retarded" they are and that they've done nothing but waste my time.

Happens on MySpace occasionally...
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 05-18-2007 at 02:17 AM. Reason: More blah. Prick.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..