Thread: Jay-z

god-of-rock's Avatar God of Rock
    Thanks to the talents of enterprising remixers, Jay-Z's The Black Album is available in a lot more versions than just clean or explicit.

Last month the Roc released The Black Album on vinyl with no beats underneath Jay's bravura lyrics, spurring producers and DJs to rework his farewell disc into creations such as The Brown Album and even The Grey Album, which combines Jay's words with music from the Beatles' The White Album.
    from MTV.com

in stead of STEALING everything from everybody couldn't those hip-hoppers (and YES I am generalizing) just get friggin' fruity loops and make something themselves...?

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    If there is a worthwhile point to your post, I must have missed it. Can you clarify?
    On a given day or given circumstance, you think you have a limit.
    And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit and you think "Ok, this is the limit".
    As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further.
    With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high.

- Ayrton Senna, R.I.P.

3. Music   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by god-of-rock@4 February 2004 - 20:48
    Thanks to the talents of enterprising remixers, Jay-Z's The Black Album is available in a lot more versions than just clean or explicit.

Last month the Roc released The Black Album on vinyl with no beats underneath Jay's bravura lyrics, spurring producers and DJs to rework his farewell disc into creations such as The Brown Album and even The Grey Album, which combines Jay's words with music from the Beatles' The White Album.
    from MTV.com

in stead of STEALING everything from everybody couldn't those hip-hoppers (and YES I am generalizing) just get friggin' fruity loops and make something themselves...?
    I think the point MTV was making, is that pirated or remixed copies are being sold on the street, and some DJs are making money without paying royalties to Jay-Z.
    Proud member of MDS

4. Music   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Mixtapes are on the street ALL the time. You haven't been to NY have you?
    I've got versions of songs that have never been on the radio or even heard otherwise except from the street CD's.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Music   -   #5
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by god-of-rock@5 February 2004 - 00:48
    well it's kinda hard to "scratch" a CD/MP3 on a turntable, i know looptroop turned down a record deal because the label would only put it out in CD format

6. Music   -   #6
    This is a CD scratcher........

7. Music   -   #7
    muchspl2
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php...T&f=18&t=98313
    had this for a few days, but didn't think anyone here wanted it

8. Music   -   #8
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by Tasty@5 February 2004 - 08:18
    This is a CD scratcher........

now how many ppl actually use that shit?????

besides, DJ's work with vinyl cause of the "warmer sound"
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    what the article is saying is that jay-z released an accapella ablum and people used it to make their own mixes of the songs, nothing wrong with that
    I survived the great winter 03/04 depression

KLCasualties:
    J'Pol - MIA / internet.news - KIA / Snny - MIA
    Billy_Dean - KIA / <s>fugley - MIA</s> / FuNkY CaPrIcOrN - MIA

Need some time alone?