Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Executive Elections

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Updates can be found here

http://shandwick2.fs-server.com/_cli.../stv-index.php

Voting closes at 22:00 our time. So that's in a couple of hours.

Predictions are for it to be close between Scottish National Party and Scottish Labour with the most recent polls giving the SNP 48 seats and Labour 43. This would mean that the SNP could form a majority coalition Govt with the Liberal Democrats (predicted to get 18 seats). However Labour could not form such a coalition.

Let's hope there is a decent turnout, particularly when it looks to be this close.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    So have you voted yet?

I can't be arsed...complete apathy towards all the candidates, and I think i'm disillusioned with politics in general, they are all as bad as each other.

A worrying trend though is all these one issue party's that seem to be springing up... here's a nice example http://www.sacl.info wtf?

Anyway I can see the polling centre from here... just got to motivate myself to walk there.... 'moan the SNP!!!1111!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Yup. I voted before work.

I always vote, that way I can complain about how we are governed. I think if you don't make the effort then you can't really complain.

A a pal(burd)'s Mum-in law said that she was going to vote for the British National Party because she didn't believe in all this Scottish National Party independence nonsense.

When her Son pointed out what the BNP really were and not a party about maintaining the union she was all like, "Oh, no I won't be voting for them".
    Imagine they were to get votes on a mistake like that.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    I always vote, that way I can complain about how we are governed. I think if you don't make the effort then you can't really complain.
    Aye fair point, I'm the first to moan if people don't use their vote.... Anyway just back...very quiet round the polling station, they should give away free bottles of Buckie just for casting yer vote.... then there would be a record turnout!

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    I think they do that in Coatbridge.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    That, or a smack round the head with a piece of 2 by 4.

Either way you wake up with a headache.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    A a pal(burd)'s Mum-in law said that she was going to vote for the British National Party because she didn't believe in all this Scottish National Party independence nonsense.

When her Son pointed out what the BNP really were and not a party about maintaining the union she was all like, "Oh, no I won't be voting for them".
    Imagine they were to get votes on a mistake like that.
    What do you think is worse, an uninformed vote or no vote at all?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8

A good night would probably involve both.

Anyway voting is closed now so we await the results. Bearing in mind that there's two parts due to proportional representation.

One votes for the constituency MSP and also casts a vote for a party. The second votes are used to calculate the number of MSPs, not directly elected, allocated to each party.

That's why guys like Tommy Sheridan are practically guaranteed a seat. Even if they are not elected at constituency level so long as the party gets enough votes in the other part then they pick their own MSPs. At least that's how I understand it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    It's actually not that simple, but it's explained at the website I linked to. Just above the predictor. It's called the additional member system.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I ask because much as I agree people should vote and can't complain if they don't, an uniformed vote to me is akin to deciding the election by throwing a dart while blindfolded and the name it lands on wins.

I can't decide which bothers me the most so haven't voted for either(I should have made a poll) does this mean I can't complain

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast