Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Hitter?

MaxOverlord's Avatar Simplify

Question Mark

Here's a scenario. World Series Game 7. Man on 2nd. Bottom of the 9th. Two out. Out of any current player A.L or N.L who do you put up to bat and why?
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Barry Bonds. Steroids are not...he's hawt right now. (now)

bd

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Yeah, I'd have to go with Bonds.

I assume you can sense my regret.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Since its the bottom of the 9th in a game 7 WS, we can assume that the hitter is facing a premium closer. If its Bond's, most likely, they'll also put the infield shift on and I just dont like those prospects.

My pick would be Pujol's. I would even pick Big Papi Ortiz first b4 Bonds for his uncanny ability to deliver in the clutch (And Im a Yankee fan!)

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Bonds.

A. Rod is my second choice this year.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    I would probably pick Pujols*
    *see Brad Lidge.
    I thought of Damon just for the fact that he always puts the bat on the ball.
    There is always Manny too. He always connects.
    I thought of putting Rivera in this question and having the scenario be he had lights out stuff. That would be an even tastier scenario,if unfair.
    You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing..... Descartes

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    JunkBarMan's Avatar Milk Sucks,Got Beer?
    Maglio Ordonez, check last year's ALCS vs. Oakland.

Yeah it's a homer pick, Love the Tigers, but he's still pretty good.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    You know what, though?

Put Bonds in that situation, where he's looking to put the ball safely in play (this requires, of course, that he realize for that particular at-bat he isn't chasing the HR record), I'd still take him; he's that good a hitter.

Kudos to the other choices, but...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    You know what, though?

Put Bonds in that situation, where he's looking to put the ball safely in play (this requires, of course, that he realize for that particular at-bat he isn't chasing the HR record), I'd still take him; he's that good a hitter.

Kudos to the other choices, but...
    I've seen many at-bats by Bonds where he looks visibly upset that he didn't hit a homer. I think maybe he just wants to get it over with. He is something to be seen for sure. Bat speed is still unbelievable...and a very good eye(obviously). Maybe I've seen Pujols beat my Cubs once too often. I'd like to shoot him most of the time but I'd still put him up if I needed someone to lay it on the line with. They both have great discipline. Maybe they could mud wrestle for the at-bat. Oh...just had a visual...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkBarMan View Post
    Maglio Ordonez, check last year's ALCS vs. Oakland.

Yeah it's a homer pick, Love the Tigers, but he's still pretty good.
    Ordonez is a good choice. Maybe if the Tigers make it back this year they'll remember to show up. I was made an ass of by many a friend(I picked the Tigers in 5)
    Last edited by MaxOverlord; 05-16-2007 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Pujols (and I'm a Cubs fan). He's the best hitter in the game, can go the other way (unlike Bonds and Ortiz) and is still fast enough to beat out an infield hit if he screws up. Also, he's really hard to strike out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast