Thread: Can any one give me a little help?

Hi not sure im even on the right site , but im looking to clean up my pc and get an anti virus , im running win xp and norton but my pc has started saying my copy of windows is not genuine etc and my norton has ran out .
    Im just looking to get my pc in order so i can start to download films music etc ...not looking to save anything on the pc.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    kev

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    there are many versions of windows xp with the validation crack floating around on public and private torrent sites. you can find it just about anywhere. but when reinstalling the operating system, be sure to follow the directions carefully to prep the boot disk and other floppy drivers if needed.

as for anti-virus, i would probably steer away from norton and download a copy of nod32. it's a user-friendly user interface and it's detection rate is very high compared to norton's.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Welcome Kevmac , and good advice from shapless , first thing is I'd download a free Anti virus for now and don't worry about the WGA nag . There's free trials to try out to keep yourself protected . A quick google may help .

Of course you would have to disconnect from the net and uninstall norton first ......... but you already knew that .

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&cl...G=Search&meta=

Free trials : http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&cl...G=Search&meta=
    Last edited by peat moss; 05-18-2007 at 05:46 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If your looking for a new version of XP to start over with, look for XP Corporate. A corporate version is one that does not have to be activated and if you have the right corporate key, it will validate fine. Even if you don't have a good key you can still get around MS by using the "Auto Patcher" site to get your updates and therefore avoid going to the MS update site at all. The first file will be a big download but from that point on you just get the next months updates and they are all much smaller.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks lads i'll give it a try..seems to be a good site you have going here!!