Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: finally gonna get a PS3....

SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I will make you a deal...Why don't you just give me the $600 and I will kick you in the nuts and we will call it even. Waste of money right now IMO. Blueray will fail and that is majority of the cost associated with the PS3.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

2. Games   -   #12
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Blueray will fail and that is majority of the cost associated with the PS3.
    H4rshness to maxors!

3. Games   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807 View Post
    I'm so excited...after doing enough research I think PS3 is better alternative...
    Sure it doesn't have big list of games available right now...but if you check their up-coming list half of which are only exclusive that alone wanna makes u get PS3...sexy design...and ya motion sensor remote hah that would be fun....

$660.00+tax for premium is pretty good price....Its still damn expensive but it comes with ton of shit built in and it actually turns out to be cheap compared to 360 premium for which you will have to buy those add ons and still they won't be built in, like wi-fi, BT, Blueray etc oh n free online hehe

I dunno if you guys already know abt PS3 home online community, that shit looks pretty good....can't wait for that! and its free hah

nways....since PS3 hasn't been hacked to fullest yet....I'm probably gonna rent games from http://gameaccess.ca/index.jsp?lang=en and their prices are good too....

whoa...lol

now watch some PS3 videos hehe...

Capacity:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...ION_3_Capacity

Control:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...TION_3_Control

Higher Definition:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...her_Definition

Multi-Dimensional:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...ti_Dimensional

Smarter:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...TION_3_Smarter
    congrats! I am hoping to buy one myself. However . . . my pockets are a little empty. Well, they are empty.

4. Games   -   #14
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Why would you say I'm young when I actually own a 360 versus reading about it?

I haven't had any hardware problems, the games I own are quite noice, and XBL is great.

I have played the Wii extensively and while it is fun in a party situation, it wears quite thin going alone. It is a Gamecube with a new controller and frankly if you already bought a Gamecube before, it is a bigger rip-off the the PS3 or 360. I had a paltry good game library for the Gamecube ffs.

You basically had to re-up $250 for the Wiimote + Virtual Console (which is another name for emulator).

I have played with ALL the systems extensively and do believe the PS3 to be the better system....later. Right now I can't fathom why anyone would want to pony up $600 for it right now.

The future for the PS3 looks absolutely great but right now it is a shit buy.

There are hardly any good games for it and I heard that there will be a price drop around the Christmas season. Motorstorm is not that good.

Right now the 360 is a better buy. You can mod it, it has a lower cost, and has wayyy better games.

I think you are young person that buys into hype easily. I say this also cuz you say you can't contain yourself.
    well true it has to do with some hype for sure....I mean whoever u ask most of em say they got 360....and too be honest i m kinda done with microsoft for now at least...I have played countless hrs on xbox and never got the chance to play much on ps2....So i think its time for PS3 now..

to be honest ps3 might had a slow start but overall ps3 will conquer most of the market in coming yrs...after all sony got the support of the asian developers which make some good games....and that blue-ray stuff will make games look really great on ps3 as compared to 360..

anyways i think there are enough games out there for ps3 that will keep me busy for good time....so i don't think that's a bother for me...
    Dude, it's $600. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

Add to that, the games are $60.

I don't get the rush.

However, go for it. It's your (or your mum's) money.
    which actually believe it or not its a fair price if you consider the built in stuff that it has as compared to 360 which you will have to buy separate add-ons....
    BTW do u knw the kinda technology PS3 has, Sony is actually losing around $250 for every premium console they sell as compared to 360 premium which makes around $150 for every console they sell....
    and BTW its my hard earned money not my mom's....
    Last edited by sameer0807; 05-18-2007 at 04:36 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

5. Games   -   #15
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Why would you say I'm young when I actually own a 360 versus reading about it?

I haven't had any hardware problems, the games I own are quite noice, and XBL is great.

I have played the Wii extensively and while it is fun in a party situation, it wears quite thin going alone. It is a Gamecube with a new controller and frankly if you already bought a Gamecube before, it is a bigger rip-off the the PS3 or 360. I had a paltry good game library for the Gamecube ffs.

You basically had to re-up $250 for the Wiimote + Virtual Console (which is another name for emulator).

I have played with ALL the systems extensively and do believe the PS3 to be the better system....later. Right now I can't fathom why anyone would want to pony up $600 for it right now.

well true it has to do with some hype for sure....I mean whoever u ask most of em say they got 360....and too be honest i m kinda done with microsoft for now at least...I have played countless hrs on xbox and never got the chance to play much on ps2....So i think its time for PS3 now..

to be honest ps3 might had a slow start but overall ps3 will conquer most of the market in coming yrs...after all sony got the support of the asian developers which make some good games....and that blue-ray stuff will make games look really great on ps3 as compared to 360..

anyways i think there are enough games out there for ps3 that will keep me busy for good time....so i don't think that's a bother for me...
    Dude, it's $600. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

Add to that, the games are $60.

I don't get the rush.

However, go for it. It's your (or your mum's) money.
    which actually believe it or not its a fair price if you consider the built in stuff that it has as compared to 360 which you will have to buy separate add-ons....
    BTW do u knw the kinda technology PS3 has, Sony is actually losing around $250 for every premium console they sell as compared to 360 premium which makes around $150 for every console they sell....
    and BTW its my hard earned money not my mom's....
    All of the stuff about how much money Sony is losing matters none.

This games for the system right now suck ass when comparing it's price tag and I couldn't care less about Blu-Ray since I'm not gonna pay $30-$40 to buy the movies.

If there were affordable Blu-Ray burners and recordable media then that would be another story.

Btw, I didn't get a 360 'till I got a deal on it. At $400 I was willing to wait. At $300 (for the premium) I could bite.

I would recommend a Wii if you are trying to get in shape and/or have lots people over often. Other than that it's a total rip-off.

I'm sure Nintendo was thinking, "Hey we can come out with this new controller and basically make the Gamecube in a smaller box."

It lacks a robust online component, there's basically no graphical improvement, and the game volume is lacking. I think I had 10 good GC games which makes the initial cost of it unjustified when comparing my Xbox and PS2.

I wonder if the $250 for Wii will be justified.

As for the PS3, Resistance is a damn good game so that should keep you occupied although not $600 worth.

Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420 View Post
    MGS4 just got delayed until next March.
    So much for MGS4.

@sameer - Don't get me wrong. The PS3 has great coming but to buy it now is just ludicrous.

Heavenly Sword
    God Of War III
    MGS4

I could go on about the many exclusive games it'll have but just wait.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-18-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Games   -   #16
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Surprised/Amazed

Yay UK PS3 store just got updated with a new game...

Q*Bert

Relive the 80s as Q*bert, the colourful, loveable Noser jumps into High Definition on the PLAYSTATION®3.

Score points by hopping around the pyramid and changing the cube colours... but keep an eye out for Q*bert's stringy nemesis, Colly, and his dastardly friends. The game features Worldwide Online Leaderboards where you can compare your high score against the best players in the world.
    /sigh.

Also there are new videos in the store:
    Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (HDTV Trailer)
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (HDTV Trailer).
    Making of 'This is Living'.
    The Sony Gods are indeed generous to the maX0rz.

7. Games   -   #17
    theslayer40's Avatar Poster
    I have both the 360 and the PS3. I'm starting to get mad at Microsoft for not producing a console that can't last a year. I had to send in my lauch 360 to be repaired and the new one I got about 7-8 months ago just crapped out. Oh well... back to Tech support to get another coffin. My PS3 is soild so far. It has frozen on me a couple times using older PS2 games, but that could have been scratches on the disc. With news of upscaling DVDs as well as older PS1 and PS2 games in the next patch, I couldn't be happier. Source: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/791/791205p1.html
    Overall I am happy with both systems, but wish I had better luck with the 360.
    Last edited by theslayer40; 05-23-2007 at 08:43 PM.

8. Games   -   #18
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Sony claims their bluray drive shortage is over and analysts are saying that there will be a price drop for the PS3. HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET!

9. Games   -   #19
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    ^^^
    source?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

10. Games   -   #20
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka View Post
    Sony claims their bluray drive shortage is over and analysts are saying that there will be a price drop for the PS3. HOLD ON TO YOUR WALLET!
    I would anyway. Why would I rush to get an expensive console that has virtually no games and plays expensive movie disc that I also won't buy.

I would feel like an idiot also if I bought it when it was high and it had no games and then it got games and went low.

I don't that there will be a price drop. Sony is counting on the good games to revitalize sales so I would think they'd try that first.

Who knows? They may throw in a bigger hard drive and drop the price (or just the bigger hd).

Either way, I'd wait.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast