Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: finally gonna get a PS3....

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    I'm so excited...after doing enough research I think PS3 is better alternative...
    Sure it doesn't have big list of games available right now...but if you check their up-coming list half of which are only exclusive that alone wanna makes u get PS3...sexy design...and ya motion sensor remote hah that would be fun....

$660.00+tax for premium is pretty good price....Its still damn expensive but it comes with ton of shit built in and it actually turns out to be cheap compared to 360 premium for which you will have to buy those add ons and still they won't be built in, like wi-fi, BT, Blueray etc oh n free online hehe

I dunno if you guys already know abt PS3 home online community, that shit looks pretty good....can't wait for that! and its free hah

nways....since PS3 hasn't been hacked to fullest yet....I'm probably gonna rent games from http://gameaccess.ca/index.jsp?lang=en and their prices are good too....

whoa...lol

now watch some PS3 videos hehe...

Capacity:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...ION_3_Capacity

Control:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...TION_3_Control

Higher Definition:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...her_Definition

Multi-Dimensional:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...ti_Dimensional

Smarter:
    http://www.us.playstation.com/Media/...TION_3_Smarter
    Last edited by sameer0807; 05-17-2007 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Games   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Wait until Home is released then buy a PS3 for cheaper than it is now.

I have one Thats what i'm advising people, to wait, cos there is feck all for ps3 at the moment, at least here in Blighty.

The only game I play is motorstorm and thats spoilt by cheats, and game crashes that causes the PS3 to hard lock up.... so we're waiting on the 1.2 patch for that to be fun again... I don't dig FPS like Resistance Fall of Man - just personal preference. VF5 is good but not online play, same for Tekken 5 DR.

If you think there is enough content to keep you amused then go for it!

But if I had my chance again, I would kept my credit card in my wallet... and waited a few more months..

Edit: Nice Video of HOME in action.
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 05-17-2007 at 08:04 PM.

3. Games   -   #3
    hahah yah i wish i could wait more longer...but i can't seem to control myself anymore hah....unless there is a big price drop, which i doubt it... then i don't think waiting another few months is worth it....Especially now that my school is over and if i wait few more months then by that time i will be back to school lol hah...

yah i knw i have heard abt the motorstorm bug....but i m planning on playing F1 race, Resistance, Obivilion IV, Defjam, virtua tennis, hmm yah thats for now lolz...

btw thx for the video link...it looks freakin sweet...especially where u can play any kinda movie in ur apartment...haha i got big plans for that shitt lol...

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807 View Post
    hahah yah i wish i could wait more longer...but i can't seem to control myself anymore hah....unless there is a big price drop, which i doubt it... then i don't think waiting another few months is worth it....Especially now that my school is over and if i wait few more months then by that time i will be back to school lol hah...

yah i knw i have heard abt the motorstorm bug....but i m planning on playing F1 race, Resistance, Obivilion IV, Defjam, virtua tennis, hmm yah thats for now lolz...

btw thx for the video link...it looks freakin sweet...especially where u can play any kinda movie in ur apartment...haha i got big plans for that shitt lol...
    The future for the PS3 looks absolutely great but right now it is a shit buy.

There are hardly any good games for it and I heard that there will be a price drop around the Christmas season. Motorstorm is not that good.

Right now the 360 is a better buy. You can mod it, it has a lower cost, and has wayyy better games.

I think you are young person that buys into hype easily. I say this also cuz you say you can't contain yourself.

5. Games   -   #5
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    and I would say you are young too, the 360 sucks ATM.
    too many hardware issues, everyone I know that has one has returned it AT LEAST once already, and most haven't had them that long. The hacks are still pretty undeveloped and untested in terms of long lasting effects on the system. Think of the first wave of original xbox chips, most would cause hardware failure after time because things like re-routing current without thinking about the long run. Theres a reason that hacks/chips evolve and continue developement, wait for a long lasting stable hack/chip before buying if this is your main buying point.

You want fun and cheap, buy a wii
    you want expensive and unstable go 360 or p3

Just my opinion, but all based on my personal experiences not on others from the web.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

There are hardly any good games for it and I heard that there will be a price drop around the Christmas season. Motorstorm is not that good.

Right now the 360 is a better buy. You can mod it, it has a lower cost, and has wayyy better games.

I think you are young person that buys into hype easily. I say this also cuz you say you can't contain yourself.
    well true it has to do with some hype for sure....I mean whoever u ask most of em say they got 360....and too be honest i m kinda done with microsoft for now at least...I have played countless hrs on xbox and never got the chance to play much on ps2....So i think its time for PS3 now..

to be honest ps3 might had a slow start but overall ps3 will conquer most of the market in coming yrs...after all sony got the support of the asian developers which make some good games....and that blue-ray stuff will make games look really great on ps3 as compared to 360..

anyways i think there are enough games out there for ps3 that will keep me busy for good time....so i don't think that's a bother for me...

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    and I would say you are young too, the 360 sucks ATM.
    too many hardware issues, everyone I know that has one has returned it AT LEAST once already, and most haven't had them that long. The hacks are still pretty undeveloped and untested in terms of long lasting effects on the system. Think of the first wave of original xbox chips, most would cause hardware failure after time because things like re-routing current without thinking about the long run. Theres a reason that hacks/chips evolve and continue developement, wait for a long lasting stable hack/chip before buying if this is your main buying point.

You want fun and cheap, buy a wii
    you want expensive and unstable go 360 or p3

Just my opinion, but all based on my personal experiences not on others from the web.
    Why would you say I'm young when I actually own a 360 versus reading about it?

I haven't had any hardware problems, the games I own are quite noice, and XBL is great.

I have played the Wii extensively and while it is fun in a party situation, it wears quite thin going alone. It is a Gamecube with a new controller and frankly if you already bought a Gamecube before, it is a bigger rip-off the the PS3 or 360. I had a paltry good game library for the Gamecube ffs.

You basically had to re-up $250 for the Wiimote + Virtual Console (which is another name for emulator).

I have played with ALL the systems extensively and do believe the PS3 to be the better system....later. Right now I can't fathom why anyone would want to pony up $600 for it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

well true it has to do with some hype for sure....I mean whoever u ask most of em say they got 360....and too be honest i m kinda done with microsoft for now at least...I have played countless hrs on xbox and never got the chance to play much on ps2....So i think its time for PS3 now..

to be honest ps3 might had a slow start but overall ps3 will conquer most of the market in coming yrs...after all sony got the support of the asian developers which make some good games....and that blue-ray stuff will make games look really great on ps3 as compared to 360..

anyways i think there are enough games out there for ps3 that will keep me busy for good time....so i don't think that's a bother for me...
    Dude, it's $600. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

Add to that, the games are $60.

I don't get the rush.

However, go for it. It's your (or your mum's) money.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-17-2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Games   -   #8
    Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    PS3 has MGS4 tho
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky View Post
    PS3 has MGS4 tho
    Oh I didn't know it was out yet.

Still, it's $600.

Tbh, I think if the PS3 was $800 there'd still be folks saying, "but it has MGS4" and still want to buy it.

10. Games   -   #10
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    MGS4 just got delayed until next March.

Microsoft just turned off the modders from XBox Live.

Get a Wii, save the rest of your money for when the dust settles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast