Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Feed the animals to the zoo...

  1. #1
    Watch the video in this:

    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...266775,00.html

    I've been to said zoo. I'm not a shy, easily offended person, but i walked out in horrror. They told me i could watch the tigers at feeding time. I asn't expecting that. I saw a goat and a chicken, pretty wrong.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    There are some things that are fucked up but I wish people would STFU when an animal gets fed to another animal.

    What the hell is the difference between a goat being fed to a tiger or a mouse being fed to a snake?

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,396
    It's exactly the same, but it becomes wrong if you do it to the joy of the visitors who pay to get in and see this "amazingly kewl thing". I think it's absolutely disgusting to take a cow, that yes, out in the wild would be eaten alive within 5 minutes of being in a tiger-infested area. Though, I believe it is in the wrong to make a show out of all the feeding. If you notice, there is horrific cruelty to chickens in that video, used to tease the tigers, while the chickens are probably frightened to death. It is wrong, disgusting, and frankly, that zoo should either feed the tigers at a different time so as not to have people enjoy out of the suffering of helpless animals, or, on the other hand, close the zoo and give the owners a lesson or two about basic animal treating.

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    It's exactly the same, but it becomes wrong if you do it to the joy of the visitors who pay to get in and see this "amazingly kewl thing". I think it's absolutely disgusting to take a cow, that yes, out in the wild would be eaten alive within 5 minutes of being in a tiger-infested area. Though, I believe it is in the wrong to make a show out of all the feeding. If you notice, there is horrific cruelty to chickens in that video, used to tease the tigers, while the chickens are probably frightened to death. It is wrong, disgusting, and frankly, that zoo should either feed the tigers at a different time so as not to have people enjoy out of the suffering of helpless animals, or, on the other hand, close the zoo and give the owners a lesson or two about basic animal treating.
    Yes, the point isnt animals eating other animals. Its getting entertainemtn from it. It's not just that zoo, nearly all offer this service.

    Those tigers were full, they arent hungry. It took 10 mins for the cow to die, if they were really into it, it'd be suffocated immediately.

    Many parts of China, people dont have enough food. Give the cows and chickens to them.

    Look at the joy those kids got from viewing this. it's wrong.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala View Post
    It's exactly the same, but it becomes wrong if you do it to the joy of the visitors who pay to get in and see this "amazingly kewl thing". I think it's absolutely disgusting to take a cow, that yes, out in the wild would be eaten alive within 5 minutes of being in a tiger-infested area. Though, I believe it is in the wrong to make a show out of all the feeding. If you notice, there is horrific cruelty to chickens in that video, used to tease the tigers, while the chickens are probably frightened to death. It is wrong, disgusting, and frankly, that zoo should either feed the tigers at a different time so as not to have people enjoy out of the suffering of helpless animals, or, on the other hand, close the zoo and give the owners a lesson or two about basic animal treating.
    Yes, the point isnt animals eating other animals. Its getting entertainemtn from it. It's not just that zoo, nearly all offer this service.

    Those tigers were full, they arent hungry. It took 10 mins for the cow to die, if they were really into it, it'd be suffocated immediately.

    Many parts of China, people dont have enough food. Give the cows and chickens to them.

    Look at the joy those kids got from viewing this. it's wrong.
    I justed watched the piece.

    I have no problem with joy part.

    What the animals have to go through when trained to do tricks is a problem (but that's the same problem with all circuses with animals).

    The cow being fed to tigers that were full is kinda fucked up but that is mere semantics to make your point. Another time, they killed the cow immediately.
    You brought up chickens before like that's some typa sin.

    You ever see how the chickens you eat are killed? It's verrrrry slow.

    I'm not for the mistreatment of animals. However, I'm not gonna get bent outta shape over certain perceived problems.

    They are animals ffs, not humans.

    Why don't folks spend more energy on problems like humans being mistreated?

    Oh, animals can be cute and cuddly.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,630
    I hope you all boycott shows like the excellent Richard David Attenborough wildlife documentaries, or non of you go on safari type holidays.

    Firstly I am not a fan of zoos. They are not totally objectionable when they are well run and do things like breeding endangered species for eventual release in the wild (this will have a point) or they are rescue centers. But the general captivity thing is not to my liking.

    On the idea of feeding live prey to carnivores for the good of the carnivore:

    A "good" zoo will have the animals interest in mind. Not just physical but mental as well. Has anyone ever seen a captive bear padding back and forth? Captivity drives them stir crazy. So a good zoo will make animals such as monkeys forage. They don't just put it in a bowl in a feeding area, they hide the food in the compound. This emulates the natural life (or at least tries to).

    feeding carnivores live food is the equivalent. It's better for the carnivore. (perhaps the prey isn't so lucky).



    On the idea of feeding live prey to carnivores for "entertainment":

    What is the purpose of zoos as a spectacle?

    Is it to see wild animals tamed, bored, sanitized and turned into cute and cuddly? Or is the reason (these days) to gain an educational experience of real nature in a controlled safe for human environment?

    If your idea is the first, get a TV and watch your teddy bears with some nice relaxing music.

    If it's the second, don't be offended by animals doing what they are supposed to do.


    Nature needs to be respected and in some cases feared.
    Last edited by vidcc; 05-22-2007 at 10:07 PM.

    it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post

    Yes, the point isnt animals eating other animals. Its getting entertainemtn from it. It's not just that zoo, nearly all offer this service.

    Those tigers were full, they arent hungry. It took 10 mins for the cow to die, if they were really into it, it'd be suffocated immediately.

    Many parts of China, people dont have enough food. Give the cows and chickens to them.

    Look at the joy those kids got from viewing this. it's wrong.
    I justed watched the piece.

    I have no problem with joy part.

    What the animals have to go through when trained to do tricks is a problem (but that's the same problem with all circuses with animals).

    The cow being fed to tigers that were full is kinda fucked up but that is mere semantics to make your point. Another time, they killed the cow immediately.
    You brought up chickens before like that's some typa sin.

    You ever see how the chickens you eat are killed? It's verrrrry slow.

    I'm not for the mistreatment of animals. However, I'm not gonna get bent outta shape over certain perceived problems.

    They are animals ffs, not humans.

    Why don't folks spend more energy on problems like humans being mistreated?

    Oh, animals can be cute and cuddly.
    I agree with what you are saying to a point. But, i don't know anywhere in the UK that killing an animal for food isn't instant, a bolt to the head or fried with electric i think. It's illegal.

    i agree, either way, said cow and chicken would have been eaten anyway.

    My point is this, animals are life. We are also life. Because we are human, doesnt necessarily give us the right to slaughter things for entertainment. Food, ok. Danger to us, ok. Make a kid laugh while its been butchered by a pack of full tigers?

    And yes, the circus animals are poorly treated, as all over the world. I think my main reason was not to show something new, but to remind.

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

    I justed watched the piece.

    I have no problem with joy part.

    What the animals have to go through when trained to do tricks is a problem (but that's the same problem with all circuses with animals).

    The cow being fed to tigers that were full is kinda fucked up but that is mere semantics to make your point. Another time, they killed the cow immediately.
    You brought up chickens before like that's some typa sin.

    You ever see how the chickens you eat are killed? It's verrrrry slow.

    I'm not for the mistreatment of animals. However, I'm not gonna get bent outta shape over certain perceived problems.

    They are animals ffs, not humans.

    Why don't folks spend more energy on problems like humans being mistreated?

    Oh, animals can be cute and cuddly.
    I agree with what you are saying to a point. But, i don't know anywhere in the UK that killing an animal for food isn't instant, a bolt to the head or fried with electric i think. It's illegal.

    i agree, either way, said cow and chicken would have been eaten anyway.

    My point is this, animals are life. We are also life. Because we are human, doesnt necessarily give us the right to slaughter things for entertainment. Food, ok. Danger to us, ok. Make a kid laugh while its been butchered by a pack of full tigers?

    And yes, the circus animals are poorly treated, as all over the world. I think my main reason was not to show something new, but to remind.
    It's hard to care to much about teh cute and cuddly when humans are being slaughtered.

    That's all.

    I don't view animal life in the same league as my own.

    edit: I remember one of the Canadians on the forum talking about a bum he saw on the street with a dog as a pet. He was kinda bent outta shape cuz teh cute doggy was out in the cold.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 05-22-2007 at 04:56 PM.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post

    I agree with what you are saying to a point. But, i don't know anywhere in the UK that killing an animal for food isn't instant, a bolt to the head or fried with electric i think. It's illegal.

    i agree, either way, said cow and chicken would have been eaten anyway.

    My point is this, animals are life. We are also life. Because we are human, doesnt necessarily give us the right to slaughter things for entertainment. Food, ok. Danger to us, ok. Make a kid laugh while its been butchered by a pack of full tigers?

    And yes, the circus animals are poorly treated, as all over the world. I think my main reason was not to show something new, but to remind.
    It's hard to care to much about teh cute and cuddly when humans are being slaughtered.

    That's all.

    I don't view animal life in the same league as my own.
    Nor do i. But when it's unneccesary, i take issue.

    Maybe a lack of repect for all around us leads to lack of respect for the people that are beijng slaughtered.

    And its not animals doing the slaughtering,

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,396
    jimbo - I agree with you 100%. Very well said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •