Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best Media Player

My Winamp can play most videos and audio. Sometimes I use VLC for some videos.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I use MPC for movies and TV shows.

I like WMP 11 for audio.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    when you need to open many kinds of files you need VLC and media player classic

if for movies I prefer rela player and DIVX

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    VLC for me too. Can play any avi(dvix, xvid) and special format like ogm, mkv.. Play also directly .iso dvds and from hdd.. video_ts/audio_ts folders.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    i use bsplayer and vlc

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Vlc

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    http://www.cccp-project.net/

Contains many codecs (Better than k-lite codec pack) and two players: Media Player Classic, and Zoomplayer.

VLC is good, but handles many files terribly. The scanning tends to be bad, it takes a long time to load sometimes, and is just inferior for the regular avi or mkv.

For music, foobar2000.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    for most files: media player classic - it's the most streamlined player to date, combining some very advanced options like filter management for advanced users with some know-and-love options like "save image" and "full screen" for beginners too. where are the visualizations? exactly. less emphasis on eye candy and more emphasis on media playing

for files that don't play in mpc(because the codec is missing): vlc

for mp3's only: 1by1 - because it's directory based, does a very good job of mimicking a standalone cd player. the feel of a real cd player is complimented by the "repeat" feature, which will repeat only one song or the entire directory just like a cd player. tiny footprint, i often leave this program running in the background when installing large apps with no ill effect to date. makes playlists feel like they are a waste of time(they are)

fyi, i found winamp to be farty and bloated. according to some side by side tests on my box, the same file in winamp took 3 to 4 times(est.) as much memory to run as 1by1. i don't remember the side by side test with mpc but i would guess mpc is more efficient than winamp.

Edit: i recommend version 1.47 of 1by1 over the newer version(s)
    Last edited by MediaSlayer; 05-27-2007 at 03:30 AM.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    People swear by VLC. I never cared for it. for video i use wmp and mp3 i use winamp

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    VLC for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast