Thread: Anyone know about DVD Burners???

Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I was having problems with my burners.

Between Nero, IMG-BURN, and my burner there were sync problems I dont know what they were I still havent fixed it.

Now I have a new problem, I DL and Installed a new driver for my burner for my external Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-812S and not it wont recognize any Disks I even tried to insert an Original DVD.

I tried to rollback the driver but it dosent work, windows wont let me.

My internal DVDRW still reads, although Im still unable to burn.

We'll take this on step at time ok.

Any help???
    Thanx in advance.
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MrVictorRivers's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    hmmm tricky...seems to me first thing is where'd u get driver from? possible driver is not official. try to download again....then...reinstall....what version windows?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    These problems can take alot of trouble shooting...There is alot of after market support and tools for liteon drives...If you had done some research before flashing(assuming thats what you did) you could have backed up your old firmware and eeprom for the drive....If it were me I would think of posting in this forum http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44
    There are a few more liteon experts there...I have an old 812s that I had the eeprom modded to make it an 832s....But I have really drifted from the burner scene...Head on over to cdfreaks liteon section you may get more help there...Ps I hope you have no problems joining I've heard it takes awhile for the return email sometimes Good Luck
    Just a quick thought if it was not firmware related and you are using xp did you try a system restore...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I got the driver from lite-on's site...
    And Im running Win XP. It funny beacuse a few days ago I couldnt burn, and it had to be software problemi just didnt know what it was so i started playing with things. Now I'm lost.

Thanx for the help ill still check this thread to see you guys can help but im gonna go sign up to CDfreaks to thanx for the link.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Turns you my lens just needed a little cleaning.

FALSE ALARM GUYS CARRY ON WITH WHAT YOU WHERE DOING.