Thread: encryption is utorrent ... enabled or forced ???

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    In utorrent, do you think enabled encryption is enough or do you do forced? on my home connection i do enabled and have had no problems also using the utorrent ipfilter.But for a seedbox enabled or forced? without running the ipfilter.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i dont know about this.
    i tried to enable the incryption but it reduced my up speed so i turn it off for whatever bad effect it gets me.

Left out

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    yea im sure it will affect upload speed since it will block some connection.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i just use enabled since when it is forced it blocks some incoming connections

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kiosk's Avatar Napster the Original
    Enabled. This will allow you to connect to those using and not using encryption. If you have it turned off you'll only connect to those also with encryption turned off.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    If you have it ENABLED it will connect to people who have theirs enabled or those that dont have their enabled. (Either or whicher it connects to but it prefers users who are enabled over not enabled.)

Disabled will work like normal no encryption no boycotting from other users.

FORCED will only connect to people who have FORCED set in their clients or users who have their client set to ENABLED. If it finds a user who doesnt have their clients encryption set for FORCED nor ENABLED then it will not download or share any peices with these users.

While you are better off with some form of encryption on I personally recommend leaving it ENABLED as opposed to leaving your client on FORCED or None.
    If you leave your client on FORCED you may notice you dont receive as much speed as you would if you left it as enabled. For the main reason not everyone uses the encryption at all and your limiting your client more by telling it to only download from people who are using encryption only.

Hope this clears it up.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ok thanks, looks like enabled is the way to go

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by import_fighter View Post
    ok thanks, looks like enabled is the way to go
    In my own opinion yes.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kiosk's Avatar Napster the Original
    Protocol Encryption

• The Outgoing dropdown menu allows you to select the mode of encryption that you prefer µTorrent to establish. All modes will accept incoming encrypted connections, and the encryption is 2-way.
      • Disabled will force all outgoing connections to be unencrypted.
      • Enabled will allow µTorrent to establish encrypted and unencrypted outgoing connections, depending on how the peer responds to the handshake. This is the recommended option, as it allows you to connect to the largest number of peers.
      • Forced forces µTorrent to establish only encrypted outgoing connections. Any peer that doesn't support encryption will not be connected to. It is recommended that you not use this option unless your ISP actively searches for unencrypted outgoing connections, as it can significantly impair your ability to connect to peers.
    • Allow incoming legacy connections allows µTorrent to establish unencrypted incoming connections. If disabled, any incoming connection that is unencrypted will be ignored. It is recommended that you not disable this option unless your ISP actively searches for unencrypted incoming connections, as it can significantly impair your ability to connect to peers.