Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Problem with utorrent up speed

  1. #1
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    When I download a big file like dvd, my upload speed becomes crap and at last it drops to 0kb/s.
    Do you know the solution to this problem?

    And recommend the setting (number of connections, disk cache) for 100Mbit
    connection, plz.
    Last edited by leeter; 05-27-2007 at 11:28 AM.

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    In advanced, go to User Interface. For download speeds, enter a speed that it roughly 70% of your max REALISTIC download speed (IE. you can ACTUALLY download at 100Mb/s, enter "9000" KB/s. Then you can set this as a download cap so that you still have bandwidth to seed from.

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    edited
    Last edited by leeter; 05-27-2007 at 11:29 AM.

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    Somebody help me! What is the best setting for 100Mbit connection?

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    937
    is this problem while downloading only or while seeding too?

    if it is while downloading only, i think it has to do with low memory.

    Left out

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    leeter BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnahmed View Post
    is this problem while downloading only or while seeding too?

    if it is while downloading only, i think it has to do with low memory.
    It happens while downloading and seeding at the same time when I download very big file like uncompressed 8gb dvd file.
    I have 2gb ram. And I set the diskcache to 1gb.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by leeter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnahmed View Post
    is this problem while downloading only or while seeding too?

    if it is while downloading only, i think it has to do with low memory.
    It happens while downloading and seeding at the same time when I download very big file like uncompressed 8gb dvd file.
    I have 2gb ram. And I set the diskcache to 1gb.
    it does not seem low memory this way.
    since i started using utorrent i didnt mess up with the settings. so i might not be useful

    i once had a problem with utorrent gamming all the time when i installed spyware doctor and even when i uninstalled it.

    Left out

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    177
    I keep my connection settings default to the 100Mbit option under speed guide. It works well enough, you may have the #s too high, but I don't think that's the problem. Your total download and upload speed should only be limited by your network connection (100Mbit if you have it dedicated). In my experience, upload speed only slows down when there's heavy HD activity caused by the downloading torrent. And I've downloaded stuff at 10MB/s without problem. The only time I get disk overload was when the torrent has pieces too small (1MB), then everything slows down. Also, I left my disk cache setting as default.

    Edit: When I say it works well, I mean I maxed my bandwidth with a good torrent.
    Last edited by naq; 05-26-2007 at 01:51 PM.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    I keep my connection settings default to the 100Mbit option under speed guide. It works well enough, you may have the #s too high, but I don't think that's the problem. Your total download and upload speed should only be limited by your network connection (100Mbit if you have it dedicated). In my experience, upload speed only slows down when there's heavy HD activity caused by the downloading torrent. And I've downloaded stuff at 10MB/s without problem. The only time I get disk overload was when the torrent has pieces too small (1MB), then everything slows down. Also, I left my disk cache setting as default.

    Edit: When I say it works well, I mean I maxed my bandwidth with a good torrent.
    Same here... I set it to the default 100mbit specs and never had issues.

    Maybe the server company itself limits your bw if they notice your seeding torrents?
    In that case set your encryption to ENABLED so they dont catch ALL the data your sharing. Some encryption is always better than none.
    Also perhaps your line is not really a 100mbit line. Alot of companies say 100mbit PORT which is completely differant and a 100mbit Line.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •