Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic....I got a faster connection

WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    nice conn, wish i had since i am in a bad location i think since i dont get my full conn

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    BillStruth's Avatar misunderestimated
    that is a nice surprise, and one i shall be experiencing myself soon. my isp provider(virgin media) notified me that my connection will go from 10MB/s to 20 MB/s

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I got a faster connection, and completely by surprise.

I noticed my downloads the other day were extremely fast; faster than I had ever seen them, and it was with uTorrent. Later, while downloading an via Grabit, I noticed I was maintaining a constant speed right at 800 kB/s when I was always maxing out at 600.

Went and did a speed test, and I guess RoadRunner has improved my connection somehow.

Been getting this good speed for about a week now - hope it continues.

That's why you don't visit FileSharingTalk.com chat room on SoulSeek.clever..j/k

Maybe you would like to join a young, dynamic filesharing network, running a filesharing server, on your own computer..without fear of RIAA etc.. and try a link to our filesharing network..You will become God in your own heaven.
    Last edited by thewizeard; 05-29-2007 at 03:12 PM.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    I have a 10mbit from Time Warner (Roadrunner) and I have only been able to saturate it once, with a Linux Tracker torrent, otherwise, I never get more than 150k on a torrent. Obviously my system can handle it, as it worked at one point, am I just on lame-o trackers?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanpil View Post
    I have a 10mbit from Time Warner (Roadrunner) and I have only been able to saturate it once, with a Linux Tracker torrent, otherwise, I never get more than 150k on a torrent. Obviously my system can handle it, as it worked at one point, am I just on lame-o trackers?
    BT doesn't handle speeds that fast with ease.

Go to newsgroups and you'll max it out all the time.

yo

6. File Sharing   -   #16

Thats true, Usenet rocks! Although I remember the days when I used to download releases by 56k and wait days and days for one program, and hope that the modem didnt disconnect in the middle... Now I am complaining about 150k [T1!!!! speed] too slow... in those days I would have killed a relative to get a quarter of that!! LOL

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

Thats true, Usenet rocks! Although I remember the days when I used to download releases by 56k and wait days and days for one program, and hope that the modem didnt disconnect in the middle... Now I am complaining about 150k [T1!!!! speed] too slow... in those days I would have killed a relative to get a quarter of that!! LOL
    Well, with bittorrent you're at the mercy of the seeders. I have gotten consistent speeds with certain tracker, but it's never a given like it is with newsgroups.

yo

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    wow.. adelphia rocks. im 15 miles too far south to get them here in FL. rr modems only handle 10mbs, last i checked. still not too bad.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Haha, that happened with my twice.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Jeff234's Avatar TL Addict BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    i Get 800 KB/s DOwn And 45 KB/s UP with comcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast