Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virus in my Ares

Hi Guys

I have used Ares for the last 2 years with no probs.

But today when I clicked on it to start it up AVG kicked in and said I had picked up a Trojan .

Has anyone else had this recently ?

Regards

Digby

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    Hi Guys

I have used Ares for the last 2 years with no probs.

But today when I clicked on it to start it up AVG kicked in and said I had picked up a Trojan .

Has anyone else had this recently ?

Regards

Digby
    No I haven't, perhaps you should attempt to remove it..There are many trojan removers for example TDS ... http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...ojan-scan.html

It's shareware.....

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    It might be a false positive, AVG flagged orbitdownloader for me last month as a trojan, but it wasn't.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Hey digmen1, Exactly the same thing happened to me 2 days ago. I've used Ares for so long I can't remember, never one problem. Then when I tried to open it My AVG came on, same as you. I uninstalled Ares and then re-downloaded it and it did it again. So I uninstalled it too. Ran my anti-virus found another trojan. That's why I'm here- looking for a new download site. I've tried emule, limewire, shareaza and didn't really like any of them. I wonder if Ares has been corrupted permanately or if there is a fix.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Hey lazlopitt

Never mind those previous posts ! It proves I am not the only one that this has happened to.

Like you I have AVG and reinstalled Ares and the same thing happened.

I like Ares and have lots of partial downloads so I installed an older version of it and it works fine. Ares 205 installer. version 3026.

I will stay with this till I hear of a fix. The Ares forum on Peer Evolution should have noticed this problem by now and I posted a thread there but no answer as yet !

Let me know if you need a hand to get an older version of Ares.

Kind Regards

Digby

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Hey Digmen1, Glad you wrote again. Where did you find the old version? Am interested. I liked Ares in that it was the least invasive to my computer of all the P2Ps I tried. I don't have the fastest computer in the world and it was really bogged down by bit torrents. Maybe I didn't have a good one. I don't know. Thanks

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Hi Lazlopitt

Here is a link to download Ares 2.05 which I am using at the moment with good success.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=121627

If you can't get it pm me and I will email it to you.

Kind Regards

Digby

Hi Guys

I humbly apologise for the typo in my heading for this thread ! I have only just noticed it !

I wish there was a way to edit thread headings.

Kind Regards

Digby (sore arse)

Hi Lazlopitt (again)

Also check out this thread in this forum - the second thread down AVG flags Ares as a virus.

http://www.peerevolution.com/forums/...isplay.php?f=6

Regards

Digby
    Last edited by digmen1; 09-14-2007 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by digmen1 View Post
    Hi Guys

I humbly apologise for the typo in my heading for this thread ! I have only just noticed it !

I wish there was a way to edit thread headings.
    It wasn't actually your typo, a moderator was pissing about, which encouraged all the spam in this thread. I've cleaned it up now

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Thanks man

I laughed for about 5 minutes when I read that !

Regards

Digby

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    theres a virus in your arse, and you can't remove the Trojan lolz?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast