Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TorrentIt-Any News?

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Hmm new post today at their developement portal just saying within days mmm Good news happy days

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Q. When will you open the site?
    A. We do not have a specific release date yet, but the plan is we go live before the end of May. However, there's a lot of new code to be written and only 24 hours in a day.

Q. Do I need to get an invite or will you open for signups?
    A. What good would it be to release the best BitTorrent tracker ever if nobody could access it? Open signups it is.

Q. Will I be able to get my old account back?
    A. We are working on that, but nothing definate yet. More information regarding this will be made available shortly.

Fingers Crossed!

Q. Can I find out what my stats were?
    A. No. The code isn't operational yet. Also, we have better things to do than to look for your lost stats (no offense).

Q. Who do I talk to about being an uploader?
    A. BlastGT1, Nightmeare or Soepkip. They're the administrators in charge of all things torrents and make sure you can get creative the moment we're live.

Q. Can I be a mod/admin/sysop?
    A. Only if you have a 100mbit unmetered box. See this thread for more information (seriously now, we're all sorted out).

Q. I've heard some retarded rumours about the routing of your hosting and TorrentIt being a honeypot, are they true?
    A. The website has been put on a temporary hosting to best facilitate our communications. Don't be surprised to see the IP change a time or two before we launch. And no, TorrentIt is not a woman's vagina. *sigh*
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Vidde's Avatar Wubalicious <3 BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    News:

Quote Originally Posted by www.torrentit.info
    30-05-07 - No News is Good News, that makes this...?

Dear community, it seems we've hit a bit of an obstacle on our voyage towards launch. Due to this unfortunate event, we're unable to keep our promise of going live in May. I know news like this has a dčja-vu value that goes through the roof, but I figured there's no point in sweet-talking it. Fact is, however, we're now talking days. Not months, not weeks, days. Beta testing is already in progress and it's just a matter of time until we're back on track and serving our community like we were never gone!

To speed things up a little bit, we've had to make a few consessions in regard to the amount of new features we'll introduce upon launch. The following list illustrates the progress made so far.

Required for Launch:
    - Forum Rewrite (65%)
    - Tag System (75%%)
    - Tracker Rewrite (55%)

Not Required for Launch
    - New cleanup system (5% - doesn't need to be 100% complete for launch)
    - Parley Points (5% - this might or might not be included)
    - Staff Page Rewrite (0% - only needs rearranging to match the new userclasses)

Ready for Launch:
    - Rewritten User details
    - New Authentication System
    - New User Ranks/Classes
    - Rearranged Navigation Bar
    - Minor fixes throughout
    - Significant under the hood changes

Regarding signups, the first few thousand 'boarding passes' will probably be distributed through our IRC channel. If After-All doesn't shape up within the next few days, we'll most likely move to a network of our own. More information regarding the distribution of boarding passes and the network move will be made available as soon as possible.

Out!
    It's looking gooood
    -Vidde

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    - Tracker Rewrite (55%)
    hm, small progress since last news.
    Hoping for the soonest date can't wait

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidde View Post
    - Parley Points (5% - this might or might not be included)
    If it is the name of the Share Index a la fsc and it's finally NOT included it will a big mistake.. And I also remember Lermy in his interview at torrentfreak even mentioning it as a "plus" ...I hope you reconsider..

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    It is a must, you should add it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    josephs911's Avatar Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by www.torrentit.info
    Fact is, however, we're now talking days. Not months, not weeks, days.
    This excites me
    “When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    WHRST's Avatar immortalis BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    o only days left thats goog news

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    SKGunners's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It'll probably be open by a week or two.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    had an acc there went it went down , hope to c it up soon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast