Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FTN Disabled WTF??

phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by kimii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    This is why I would not want a FTN account. Way too many people trading invites/accounts. I would hate to get an invite and work to have a good ratio just to get banned because some "trader" above me in the invite tree gets busted and I loose my account...Just not worth the trouble... People like me who would never trade the account or an invite get screwed by the greed of people here... rant over.... buh-bye..
    The invite tree doesn't get effected by traders, unless we see suspicious activity linking those accounts. Also, if you did want one... getting one here is suicidal. Suggestion, get it from a active user on a torrent site, not a trading forum.

Not asking for anything.. oh and BTW there are people here who do not trade....
    Last edited by phrenzy; 05-30-2007 at 01:47 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kimii View Post
    The invite tree doesn't get effected by traders, unless we see suspicious activity linking those accounts. Also, if you did want one... getting one here is suicidal. Suggestion, get it from a active user on a torrent site, not a trading forum.

Not asking for anything.. oh and BTW there are people here who do not trade....
    I'm not implying you were asking for anything .. Just a reference for anyone, if you want to not be linked to traders, getting invites from a site well known for trading isn't a good idea. I know there are many people here who don't engage themselves in trading... but if you get freebies from users here who are known to trade, staff at other site doesn't know if you did or didn't.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    I understand where you are coming from and agree w/ you..I don't go seeking invites here personally, give more away . Just for me an honest user is it worth the time to try to get in..Because who knows who traded above me just to log on and see the account is disabled..From reading the invtie section it would seem that 1/4 of FTN's user base are active traderz here.. Not slamm'n the site just voicing concerns I have for a site I may join 1 day..And I kinda made this thread go a bit off topic sorry for that all..

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Guilt by association... one of the stupidest ideas ever concieved. You could get a freebie from some one on a great tracker, but they could also be a member here, and you would never know until you get ban'd for being 'associated' with traders.
    Just like your guilty if your in a car and the driver suddenly decides to shoot some one else.

Great way of moderating dont ya think?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    I would say at first it wasn't like that but when people HERE put value to invites it went down hill fast.. To protect the integrity of the site one must eventually be like that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    yoyogi4's Avatar Wanna see my BooBoo? BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    ****long sigh**** FTN is too risky to have anywhere you get it!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi4 View Post
    HA!!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyogi4 View Post
    I'm fine since day one
    Too bad my inviter is not exist anymore because of inactivity
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    Guilt by association... one of the stupidest ideas ever concieved. You could get a freebie from some one on a great tracker, but they could also be a member here, and you would never know until you get ban'd for being 'associated' with traders.
    Just like your guilty if your in a car and the driver suddenly decides to shoot some one else.

Great way of moderating dont ya think?
    Like I said... we look at the account activity... if whether it is suspicious of trade or not. There are many users here I know their site nick on FTN... but they still have their account

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    well that is encouraging to hear kimii. I joined here to expand out from TL into other trackers. The good trackers with content I like, I keep. I have been weary of accepting a Ftn invite (if offered) due to the simple fact that I am a member here. I would hate to work hard to get a good ratio just to be disabled.
    Started off trading here (hence the name), but recently it has been easy for me to get what I want free, so I also try to give out my invites to those in need.

Enough of my blabbering, keep up the good work kimii, I hear you are good at catching the traders.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast