Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just finished "Life on Mars"

Creeping Death's Avatar Pedant
    haha I love the idea of "Food Network" in HD.

And yeah it was great when you saw Ben and company living in houses etc, Jack throwing around a football, having a blast. It just seems like a lot of time is wasted...

Off to sleep now, I shall take a look at babylon 5 in the morning.

Cheers!

EDIT: oh yeah, The Sweeney is absolute class as it turns out. Well a lot of fun to watch in any case, check it out if you can get your hands on it. I'm about halfway through season 1 and loving it
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 06-02-2007 at 05:21 AM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Life on Mars rawked huge amounts.

Those two were alright to begin with but what is it with American tv shows being draaaagged out if they do well in the ratings?
    Agreed. There are noticeable dips in quality in these "epic" shows. Lost has gotten better with season 3 though season 2 sucked. 24 had a disappointing last season (something even admitted by the makers) and I don't know anyone who still watches Prison Break . . .

Check out Dexter if you haven't already. It only weighs in at 12 episodes so it won't leave you with that bloated feeling but it is easily the best of recent 'merkin TV.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I have to agree with Cheese although I don't think season 2 sucked. I liked how it introduced the Tailies (only 2 left now).

24 was ok until it went "trade nuke tech for Audrey" mode. That dampened this season.

I've watched 2 episodes of Prison Break this season and they were the first 2. I can't judge for that reason. Many people have it their favorite show.

Dexter is the shit. It's like CSI + Silence Of The Lambs. It's very closely based on Jeff Lindsey's book, Darkly Dreaming Dexter. There are some notable changes that even affect the ending. Hopefully season 2 will go along with Dearly Devoted Dexter. Season 2 is set for Oct. 7 (which coincides around the time of season 1's premiere)

I don't know why I haven't watched LOM. It's probably a good time to watch it now that it's summertime. There aren't that many shows at this time. Kids are outta school and Americans tend to vacation a lot and not watch TV as much.

Also CSI (Vegas) was damn good this season. That's one of those ++season shows that is verrrry high in ratings. They mix it up a bit with a new member that has "problems".
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-02-2007 at 02:50 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    With regards to season 2 of Dexter they say they are not basing it around the second novel. To my mind that can only be a good thing because the novel wasn't very good.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    With regards to season 2 of Dexter they say they are not basing it around the second novel. To my mind that can only be a good thing because the novel wasn't very good.
    I heard it had a killer that doesn't kill you but rather muitilates you so bad that you howl like a dog.

I guess they couldn't base it so much around the novel since there is one major character from the first that died.

Spoiler: Show

Are you going to read Dexter In The Dark?

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Creeping Death's Avatar Pedant
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    Check out Dexter if you haven't already. It only weighs in at 12 episodes so it won't leave you with that bloated feeling but it is easily the best of recent 'merkin TV.
    I saw Dexter mentioned in the "favourite tv show" thread(or similar) and I just remember thinking "what, the guy with the lab? Who the hell on here still watches Cartoon Network". hahaha

Well I'll most definitely be checking this out as well, another good one by the looks of it.

I certainly won't be wanting for tv shows to watch in the near future. Not even done with the Sweeney yet, waiting on Babylon 5, and about to get my hands on Dexter. Once I get it I'll watch the first episode and get back to you though.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Creeping Death; 06-02-2007 at 04:18 PM.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    EDIT: oh yeah, The Sweeney is absolute class as it turns out. Well a lot of fun to watch in any case, check it out if you can get your hands on it. I'm about halfway through season 1 and loving it
    I love the hard bitten characters and cynical humour, I am really glad you are enjoying it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12