Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: BitMeTv - confirmation mail?

Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Im the same as most of you still waiting for my bitmetv invite to reach my eamil account, well here is a little bit of info my mate sent me, they are quotes from the bitmetv forum's....it looks like any1 that used gmail/googlemail has not been getting there invites...please read it

From one of the Forum Mods
    yes, we have now received about 8-10 people reporting invites not being delivered, but ALL of them seem to involve gmail email addresses, so it may be gmail is the problem.
    And another one here . Well, if it ever get cancelled , It might take a week to get my invite back. This is a quote from one of the forum Mods in reply to one of the respondents)

IF THEY ARE NOT CONFIRMED or cancelled, they will eventually be automatically returned to you (it may take up to 7 days I think). Staff will NOT put them back for you, you're just going to have to wait.

finally, before sending out 3 invites on the same day, you should remember that bitmetv has a reputation for being very strict about holding inviter's responsible for who they invite. If one of your invitees cheats, he will be banned and you may be banned as well. At the very least you will lose the ability to ever invite anyone again, and be given a 2-4 week warning. This also happens if the person you invite has EVER had another bitmetv account, even if it was just disabled for inactivity -NO ONE gets more than one account per lifetime.
    Our invite rule is basically "Only invite people you know and trust", and whenever I see 3 invites go out from one member on the same day, I am concerned... Hell I've only ever given out a total of 6 bitmetv invites in the last 2 years!

Anyway, a lot of people seem to forget that we also do not allow trading of our invites, for example you invite someone to bitmetv in return for them inviting you to oink... that's not allowed. Also, anyone caught using public forums like TPG or FST to give away, trade, or even ask for a bitmetv account/invite will be banned. cheaters and other banned members use the forums at other sites to get invited back to new accounts, and usually end up getting the person who invited them banned.

ONLY invite people to bitmetv who you think will be an asset to the community, too many people have been burned for inviting random people they met online... if you invite multiple people who end up getting banned for having low ratios, we often will add their unseeded download to YOUR stats. So before inviting make sure you really think that person is worth it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    go and talk to staf in irc

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    I sent one out too.. Pop-mail @inbox.com - Not received.. would suggest waiting before u send out any more.. Its a bug I reckon.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    recovered?

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    my invitee received their invites on gmail today, finally!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Yey! The invite came to my Gmail today, lovely

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345