Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: private trackers...demonoid

just curious about private and public trackers. Like demoind shows up on lots of public torrents. Its always listed in the torrent's trackers. Does that mean demonoid which presents itself as a private tracker isnt as secure as it appears?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    nothing you do on the internet is secure, you're being watched 24/7 by big brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    demonoid is public. Only certain torrents are restricted as far as I know, and even those have DHT enabled on them which make them public (somewhat)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    nothing you do on the internet is secure, you're being watched 24/7 by big brother.
    Yes, there is no such thing as security, only the illusion of security.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Like everyone said, there's no security to speak of with p2p. If security is a primary concern, you might try usenet, which doesn't seem to have come under the eye of **aa yet. Even usenet isn't completly secure, though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    i use demonoid a lot, and its quite popular, i think they have over a million members lol, thats why they are targeted by "motion picture arseholes of america" lol, the more you download from demonoid and others like TPB and isohunt the more chance you have of being caught lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think I'm gonna start using scene axx exclusively (or almost exclusively) pretty soon.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    clubzz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I HAVE ME EYE ON ALL OF YOU *evil laughter*

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I think I'm gonna start using scene axx exclusively (or almost exclusively) pretty soon.
    We all wish that

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Cheffy's Avatar Slut up ! BT Rep: +4
    Well whenever you use a program were you connect to several persons you have no idea who are, and you allow several people to connect to you, you are never going to be safe.
    So "private" site or not...
    Ask your self this, how i did you get access to that private site, and dont you think the anti pirate organizations can do that same?

The only way to be 100% safe is to stop downloading illegal stuff.
    That being said there are ways to be "safer" wile downloading stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast