Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Evenin' Losers.

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Just back from seeing REO Speedwagon at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and I have to admit it really was very good indeed. Totally and utterly different experience from seeing Gary Moore at the Carling Academy, not in the same league, but a very good concert none the less. They really did put on a very good show. Very American feel to it, but none the worse for that.

I have to say tho', parking about 50yards from the hall, going into the Bistro to have a few wee wines and listening to the support act in the background beats queuing in the street any day. Then for an announcement to be made that the band would be coming on in 5 minutes and could everyone make their way to their seats was a bit surreal. Rock meets opera type thing.

Having seats in the middle of the front row with the band 3 feet away on a stage 3 feet high was also rather cool. Got one of the guitarists pleccies as a souvenir. Mr JP got one from Kevin, lead man. Only he actually handed it to her, none of the throwing nonsense. She went up to the stage at the end and thro' the melee (if that's the word) told him it was an excellent performance. He thanked her accordingly and passed over said pleccy.

And also the good people of Glasgow came down to the front of the hall at the end, getting programmes signed etc. The band seemed quite taken aback by this, but to their credit they were very obliging. Still signing stuff when I left. Top marks all round for getting in touch with their audience, who participated fully throughout the show.

All round, a grand evening.
    I've seen R.E.O. perhaps (conservatively) six times, and have one of Cronin's picks as well.

On the other hand, I have never seen Gary Moore, or, um, that band he played with for a while.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #32
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Just back from seeing REO Speedwagon at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall and I have to admit it really was very good indeed. Totally and utterly different experience from seeing Gary Moore at the Carling Academy, not in the same league, but a very good concert none the less. They really did put on a very good show. Very American feel to it, but none the worse for that.

I have to say tho', parking about 50yards from the hall, going into the Bistro to have a few wee wines and listening to the support act in the background beats queuing in the street any day. Then for an announcement to be made that the band would be coming on in 5 minutes and could everyone make their way to their seats was a bit surreal. Rock meets opera type thing.

Having seats in the middle of the front row with the band 3 feet away on a stage 3 feet high was also rather cool. Got one of the guitarists pleccies as a souvenir. Mr JP got one from Kevin, lead man. Only he actually handed it to her, none of the throwing nonsense. She went up to the stage at the end and thro' the melee (if that's the word) told him it was an excellent performance. He thanked her accordingly and passed over said pleccy.

And also the good people of Glasgow came down to the front of the hall at the end, getting programmes signed etc. The band seemed quite taken aback by this, but to their credit they were very obliging. Still signing stuff when I left. Top marks all round for getting in touch with their audience, who participated fully throughout the show.

I've seen R.E.O. perhaps (conservatively) six times, and have one of Cronin's picks as well.

On the other hand, I have never seen Gary Moore, or, um, that band he played with for a while.
    If that's true..then I have an image of that actual occurrence on my computer.!... a picture of the elusive butterfly

Depending on how much you value your anonymity and the necessary (statutory) appearance in SoulSeek chat ( FileSharingTalk.com)...will play an important part in influencing my decision whether or not to post the image residing in my shared folder here in this thread...
    Last edited by thewizeard; 06-06-2007 at 07:19 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Trust you to see a concert conservatively, my right wing chum.

Do you mean Skid Row, Colosseum II, BBM, (Gary Moore's) Scars or The Gary Moore Band
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Lounge   -   #34
    http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_i...hF7dFKNv2xMF94

Somebody do a direct link to this for me please. I cant do that.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Dr.Pretentious's Avatar übercool
    You just click on the video, which takes you to the normal YouTube page, and then you can grab the link from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr0C0ExEJyo

6. Lounge   -   #36
    The direct post thing, where they can click it from here. You know the one.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    embedded? ewes the ewetube tags: [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE.]
    Last edited by Proper Bo; 06-06-2007 at 09:24 PM.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Right, you know that means fuck all to me.

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Dr.Pretentious's Avatar übercool
    I would tell you the exact thing you need to type in to do it, like, but I don't know how to type it in so it just leaves the text not the video.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    There you go, mate.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr0C0ExEJyo[/youtube]

-bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 06-07-2007 at 07:24 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast