Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SCN invites givaways is frobiden here

pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pECi View Post
    ...but if they don't catch you or don't wanna catch you ur safe
    very witty, in the same category as : "if you don't die ur alive"

staff from some sites don't really give their interest from where their members come from while other sites know what users came from trading but still don't care

am i clear now?

and i don't condone trading especially these days when people are trying desperately by all means to get a site and buffer it to trade it further on...many ppl buffer it with fake share scripts and shit so this really bring a bad aura to trading

there's a reason why sites ask you to give invites only to people you know...because you can get yourself in trouble too if you invite a bad user
    Last edited by pECi; 06-06-2007 at 10:13 PM.
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    StarBoy69's Avatar Eh?! BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hungdob View Post

why would someone use proxy to post the giveaways if fst dont give any information?
    so that when your being a dope and you click on a link to check some one's account details or what not, it goes through a proxy, cause you were smart enought to enable it before comming here. Otherwise your IP can be disclosed through a 3rd party site, or many other methods.

and SHUVT, you say to respect them like you respect the FTN rules by trying to trade your account? Do not preach what you do not practice!
    WTF are you talking about assclown!?
    Get your facts right before you go and accusing people of trading.
    Especially shuvt who has never traded in his life.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    yes, it was a mistake in identity, I am sorry for that, I was not paying enough attention to what I was doing.
    As far as not following the rules, no I do not follow them exactly (in terms of invites only). If I am responsible for who I invite, and I feel like inviting a random person, thats my buisness. If he/she/it is a bad member, ban me for it. The tracker still runs the same risk with me inviting my 'friend' who nobody else knows, and still puts my account on the line for them.

I have never had issues giving out invites for free to anyone. Every one of them has been a productive member of the trackers they recieved invites to. Just because I do not know any RL people to give invites to doesn't mean I should not use them at all. If that were the case, I, along with most people here, would never have been invited to our first private tracker.

Most giveaways have requirements also. This gives the inviter some background information on the invitee. Kind of like an interview. If you then take it one step further and talk to all potential people recieving the invite, you are then making a new friend through these communications, and invites are for friends after all!
    If they dont want people rushing out to give them away, dont put a damn time limit on them. People feel like if they dont invite some one before it expires, they 'wasted' the invite, so they give em away, I know i've done this.

sorry again shuvt for the mistake, I usually do not post without straight facts, and I have no one to blame for that post but my own lazy ass. Of course this whole rant is just my 2 cents, take it as you will.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    If it were not for invite swapping/trading I would still be at TD and Bitsoup not that they are bad. I have given a couple invites to friends from work but they werent really into it, didnt know how to seed or couldnt get the client setup right. If your going to invite somebody should'nt it be somebody who knows how to use torrent sites and probobly has a site you need in return for the one they need???

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    You can always make friends here and other sites. Friends does not have to be people you know in person. Just be social, make friends and while doing that and helping each other out when you can. Eventually you will have several online pals that you can network with and help each other. I think it takes far less time to be social and helpful to members of the community than buffering accounts and trading them.

The topic was based on publically giving the invite on public forums, not via chat or other ways that you would communicate on the net.

P.S. I found friends are made allot faster too, if your first line of introduction is not "can I have..."
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    I found friends are made allot faster too, if your first line of introduction is not "can I have..."

Like you have any friends...
    Wait... you is me friend! yay!

No Whining

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    my point is I understand the security concern and all but most peoples average friends and family dont know about torrents and people who have invites do.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    true dr_green_thumb, most of the people I know in RL would be like, whats a torrent, or, I have to upload back?!?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    Quote Originally Posted by trad3r View Post
    true dr_green_thumb, most of the people I know in RL would be like, whats a torrent, or, I have to upload back?!?
    Exactly. Most people I know are still using Limewire or if they do use torrents they actually complain when their upload exceeds their download.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    It amazes me that a site like SCN has the nerve to put out rules like this when the majority of its members are traders from FST anyway. Wouldn't they prefer their invites are given away rather than traded.

Seems like hypocrisy rules!
    agreed><

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast