Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: X360 or Wii

  1. #1
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    burlington, Ontario
    Posts
    5,341
    I know theres been threads of this before, but I need to know which is better. I ahve the 360 and Im happy with it, but I cant let everyone play it. By this, I mean that I usually have family and friends comming over that are younger, around 9-12, and I cant play Gears or GRAW or games like that. With the wii, I can let the younger kids play wii sports. But my only concern is that I want some good games to play myself. And by that I mean games that are violent, have blood, and action. I know RE4 is comming out for the wii, and that'd keep my busy for a long time.

    The other thing good about the wii, is the backward compatiblilty, so I can use my NGC controllers and memory cards. The bad thing is that Im not a big fan of Mario games. So no mario tennis or mario golf, or mario sunshine etc. I dont mind super smash.

    All my friends except one has the wii, so I cant really swap games or have lans. All my friends with the wii are huge mario fans, so they are loving it. I played wii tennis and wii baseball, and it was the most fun I'd had with a game for a long time

    I still love the 360, but I have to choose between one of them. I played Forza 2 and the demo for DiRT, and both games were alot of fun. I didnt get to play FOrza 2 online, so I dont knwo how it is. I ahve XBL, and it would help if someone could tell me if Forza is good online, because most of the time I game alone, and playing online is great. The problem with the Wii online gaming, is taht the first game to ahve it is pokemon. Which is STUPID. Im hoping that they have more games having online. Because of my router I can play the wii on any of my TVs, where I have to play the 360 on my monitor because the cords dont stretch to my TVs.


    So my questions are:

    is Forza 2 good online?
    is the Wii worth it if I hate Mario?
    is the Wii going to bring better games that have nothing to do with Mario?
    will nintendo bring in good mature games?
    will nintendo bring games for serious gamers? by that I mean games equivalent to Forza or Gears of War. Not Mario kart and some childish shooter.

  2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Detroit
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,461
    is Forza 2 good online?
    I went on Forza 2 once online and there were people being cheap and racing Bently Continental GTs and ramming other cars off the road - you just need to know who to play with.

    will nintendo bring in good mature games?
    will nintendo bring games for serious gamers? by that I mean games equivalent to Forza or Gears of War. Not Mario kart and some childish shooter.
    You have much better luck playing mature games on an Xbox 360 than the very few games that will come to the Wii that other systems won't have.

    The Nintendo Wii is made for a general audience - no games like Gears of War and don't expect a simulation racing game for the console. Although, I know they will be releasing a remake of Resident Evil 4 for the Wii which sounds kinda cool. (Yeah, I just saw that you said that but oh well.)

    ...some childish shooter.
    lol Just the way you word that doesn't make a whole lot of sense but you won't see many M rated games because like I said they are geared toward a more general audience meaning E rated games or T rated games.

    It will be good for the rest of ur family but you prolly won't have a lot of fun playing it by yourself. The Wii is a party system anyways.
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 06-06-2007 at 10:10 PM.

  3. Games   -   #3
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The Watchtower
    Posts
    1,567
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post


    So my questions are:

    is Forza 2 good online?
    is the Wii worth it if I hate Mario?
    is the Wii going to bring better games that have nothing to do with Mario?
    will nintendo bring in good mature games?
    will nintendo bring games for serious gamers? by that I mean games equivalent to Forza or Gears of War. Not Mario kart and some childish shooter.
    1. Forza is more fun online than playing the single player. I get bored with racing games quickly and this is probably the only reason I am keepipng it. Playing online with friends is allot of fun and nothing better then a little bump to a friends car on a tight corner to get the banter going.

    2. Yes the Wii is worth it. I have one for my daughter and we have a blast playing together. The golf and tennis are fun and anyone can play them. I think this console is ideal for families and getting kids off the couch so they don't turn into fat asses.

    3. There will be allot more games coming out for the Wii. Xmas season is almost here and gaming companies are pushing hard to get their games out for the shopping season.

    4. There are several games coming out for the older gaming crowd. You have to understand that the Wii's selling points are not it's graphics, but the gaming style it brings into peoples homes.

    5. You will not see that types of games coming out for the Wii. They will be close, but they do not have the bits to push them. There is also talk that MS will be making controllers similar to the Wii in the near future.
    I haven't taken a beating like that since I opened my first issue of Hustler!
    The World is a Sick Place and I'm a Happy Guy!

  4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUVT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post


    So my questions are:

    is Forza 2 good online?
    is the Wii worth it if I hate Mario?
    is the Wii going to bring better games that have nothing to do with Mario?
    will nintendo bring in good mature games?
    will nintendo bring games for serious gamers? by that I mean games equivalent to Forza or Gears of War. Not Mario kart and some childish shooter.
    1. Forza is more fun online than playing the single player. I get bored with racing games quickly and this is probably the only reason I am keepipng it. Playing online with friends is allot of fun and nothing better then a little bump to a friends car on a tight corner to get the banter going.

    2. Yes the Wii is worth it. I have one for my daughter and we have a blast playing together. The golf and tennis are fun and anyone can play them. I think this console is ideal for families and getting kids off the couch so they don't turn into fat asses.

    3. There will be allot more games coming out for the Wii. Xmas season is almost here and gaming companies are pushing hard to get their games out for the shopping season.

    4. There are several games coming out for the older gaming crowd. You have to understand that the Wii's selling points are not it's graphics, but the gaming style it brings into peoples homes.

    5. You will not see that types of games coming out for the Wii. They will be close, but they do not have the bits to push them. There is also talk that MS will be making controllers similar to the Wii in the near future.
    If M$ starts making Wii-like controllers then there'll be really no reason to buy a Wii.

    However your #2 sums it up nicely. For me, it wore thin. For families, kids, and get togethers it is a blast.

    Think about when you go to Dave & Busters and the type of interactive games there. They just aren't fun allllll the time but they are fun in groups.

    The Wii is not for the hardcore gamer. It is a one trick pony with no eye candy and a handful of great first party exclusives.

    When faced with whether I wanna play any game on the Wii or God Of War 2 on my PS2....guess which one wins.

    The Wii still has no killer-game yet.

  5. Games   -   #5
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    burlington, Ontario
    Posts
    5,341
    I knwo theres good games comming out for both systems in the near future, and what has the most promising games? I can live with mediocre graphics, but the games have to be fun and last. I get bored of games pretty easily.

    I can see how good the Wii is, but I remember back in teh day when I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games:

    MGS: Twin SNakes
    Super Smash
    RE4
    Zelda Windwaker

  6. Games   -   #6
    SirGray's Avatar .:Lucky:.™
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    320
    I would get a wii becuase I see no point in getting a 360 it plays basically all the same games as a computer and I use my computer to play thoughs games therefore no point in getting a 360.


    Also to your post above "I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games" I agree I got a ngc and lol, I only played one game super smash bro's so it was super trash for me, but I have to say the wii is much better Its really fun.
    KOS-MOS:"I have analyzed the situation,and by my current calculations I would say we are screwed."

  7. Games   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    is everything.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,023
    Get a Wii if you want something different. Get a 360 if you want to play the same old games you are used to or if you don't have a decentish PC.
    Last edited by Cheese; 06-07-2007 at 12:10 AM.

  8. Games   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    I knwo theres good games comming out for both systems in the near future, and what has the most promising games? I can live with mediocre graphics, but the games have to be fun and last. I get bored of games pretty easily.

    I can see how good the Wii is, but I remember back in teh day when I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games:

    MGS: Twin SNakes
    Super Smash
    RE4
    Zelda Windwaker
    I played RE4, RE0, RE, MGS: Twin Snakes, Super Smash, Windwaker, Ocarina Of Time Master Quest mostly.

    It would have been a huge waste of money had it not been a gift.

    On the Wii I do want Super Mario Galaxy and Paper Mario 2 but I'm in no rush for them.

    Again, there's no killer game. It's as different as playing games at Dave and Buster's. The game I most look forward to now is the House Of Deaditized Resident Evil.

    You basically must ask yourself. When you get from work, are you gonna wanna power up the Wii to play tennis, boxing, shoot, etc. or sit down with a more traditional great game?

    For party situations, the 360 sucks in comparison. Everyone must sit while you play Gears or Lost Planet. Borrrrring.

    With the Wii, everyone is having fun and involved in the interactivity. When playing bowling, it was like being at the bowling alley. You bowl then the next person gets up to bowl. Fun.

    Wii - parties, get-togethers, physical activity, mediocre graphics, shit online

    360 - robust online, nice games, great graphics, better games on horizon, shit for parties

    I wish M$ would get a motion remote, then I could sell my Wii.

    I'd play tennis in a more realistic looking game and not glorified Xavix. The only thing is I would hope they try to motion sense every fucking game like the Wii does.

    Some games are just better played without flailing my arms.

  9. Games   -   #9
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    HOME OF THE HABS!
    Posts
    460
    HAH! lol... have you played the Wii man? how can you compare it to the 360. and im not saying this because i have a 360 myself. the Wii is so boring... i'll admit that its fun when you have ppl over, but thats it. the 360 has so much more fun games. and the wiimote just isnt that fun. you might think it would be cool to have a full motion sensing remote, but i would still stick with traditional gamepad gaming. my vote: the 360!!! just my $0.02

  10. Games   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGray View Post
    I would get a wii becuase I see no point in getting a 360 it plays basically all the same games as a computer and I use my computer to play thoughs games therefore no point in getting a 360.


    Also to your post above "I bought a NGC and it turned out to be trash. I played only 4 games" I agree I got a ngc and lol, I only played one game super smash bro's so it was super trash for me, but I have to say the wii is much better Its really fun.
    I didn't know Gears Of War, Lost Planet, or even Forza Motorsport 2 were on PC.

    This can only be good news for the PC front.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •