Thread: Usenet.com retention times?

Greetings!

I have a question regarding retention times. I have read Usenet.com FAQ and some reviews on other sites and I've found that they offer "ultra-long retention times" but I haven't found anywhere the exact number of days. How many days they keep binaries on their servers?

Many thanks in advance!

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Super Long Retention

One of the best retention rates in the industry. Generally, we have several months of retention in text groups, and 1 to 3 months in all other groups. Our retention in all binary groups is at least 1 month in most multimedia groups and all mp3 groups and goes up to 3 months in certain groups.
    thats what they say on their site

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    105 Days is what they say, but some groups only have 80 or so.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    So why does this forum delete NZB's so soon (30 days?):

"Sorry the NZB you are trying to download is inactive.
    This error is occuring because you are attempting to download an NZB which is greater than our NZB cutoff date. Chances are these files would no longer be available from your news server which is why the NZB is removed from our servers."

My provider (NewsGuy) has a 90 day retention time.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SubSonic View Post
    So why does this forum delete NZB's so soon (30 days?):

"Sorry the NZB you are trying to download is inactive.
    This error is occuring because you are attempting to download an NZB which is greater than our NZB cutoff date. Chances are these files would no longer be available from your news server which is why the NZB is removed from our servers."

My provider (NewsGuy) has a 90 day retention time.
    We delete NZB's after 30 days because will simply have to make more room for new ones. I agree 30 days is short and in the future I would like to see it increased but for now don't hold your breath.

With that being said your not totally shit out of luck, you can still create your own NZB at BinSearch by copy and pasting the thread title into the search bar. Remember to set your news server's retention time in the search options. Then click search. Or just private message me and I'll repost it.
    Last edited by WHiKWiRE; 06-28-2007 at 03:06 AM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Cool! Thanks for the tip!

-NZB noob