Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Are The Winners!

Now see, I must be an anachronism. I believe in buying the CD if its really good stuff. I just like to check out all the tracks before I give someone $20. Supporting the artist IS important to me, as long as the artist remembers who they need to survive. I like supporting Ani Difranco and the other RBR records folks because they DON'T play RIAA's little games.

I also only think its worth money if the artist has talent. Artists like Coldplay, Fisher, Tori Amos, etc deserve every penny, while posers like Avril Levigne deserve to be taken out and shot for crimes against art. If I hear "Complicated" one more time I'm going on a 4 state killing spree, I swear.

So, people who work for a living get paid, people who sing into a synthesizer that does all the work for them get reemed.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I can agree with that, and personally I do use a system of 'Try to see if should buy' - But the ones which I buy are usually the ones which I know are worth my money, both in their price & what they can do. It means that I can truly buy the ones which IMO deserve to be paid for with my small amount of cash.

Isn't a shame that the only way to truly 'demo' how a program performs is to get a hacked copy of the full thing and try that?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    gonenuts15792's Avatar Member
    I would pay for the music if they had it for download for 5 cents and then you could do anything you want with it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by Longdong@14 June 2003 - 10:05
    if they made CD's and DVD's a reasonable price in the first place they might not have been in such a dilemma. I don't see why i should pay £15 for a music CD which costs PENNY's to make. Same goes with the DVD's, i think £5 is more reasonable!
    Agreed

Except in the US it sometimes depends on the distributer on how much they tack on as their price. The best place to buy CD's in town is Best Buy, a local electronics store, where CD's cost between $13.00 to $18.00. Most other places around here charge between $16.00 and $24.00.

Now why the hell would you charge that much money for CD's when you know that people can go out and buy 100 CD-r's for alittle more then you would pay for 1 CD. Then I can save 99 CD's worth of money on things that are mortally needed. (like food for my family)

100 x $15.00 = $1500 = Fuck the RIAA

1 x $34.00 (100 CD-r)= Major money saver = Still fuck the RIAA

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I would probably just turn on the radio if they start suing people like the rumor's going around, but hey, maybe that's just me.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Q.I.D.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Damnatory@28 June 2003 - 19:56
    100 x $15.00 = $1500 = Fuck the RIAA

1 x $34.00 (100 CD-r)= Major money saver = Still fuck the RIAA
    Hey I get 100 CDR's for $19.95.

That's $0.20 each
    Labels, electric etc...
    Final product well under $0.50.

After all these years...
    Who's getting f**ked now.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    ITS THE RIAA THAT WANT TAKING TO COURT..... £20 FOR A DVD AND THEY HAVE THE CHEEK TO CALL US THIEFS!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    /me now shares files at RIAA_BOYCOTT_Buy_No_CDs@Kazaa

let em sue.
    bitches.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    I personally thought that corporations like Microsoft would be the first to sue for the bootlegging of over-hundred-dollar-computer (overpriced) programs. I guess they haven't because broadband is not yet widely spread and those programs are quite large. Oh, btw, I don't feel bad bootlegging from the media because I feel it's a fair exchange for the constant bombardment of advertising from the media. With all of the damn advertising, they should be sued for attempted mind control

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast