Thread: Lord Advocate asked to charge PM with war crimes

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    A former Nationalist MP has called for Tony Blair to be charged in Scotland with war crimes.

The demand was made in a 10,000-word document compiled by Jim Sillars, and backed by his wife Margo MacDonald, an independent MSP.

It has been sent to Eilish Angiolini, the Lord Advocate, and claims that the Prime Minister should face two charges in connection with the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Full Story

Is there the remotest possibility of this happening, what think you.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think he should be charged for misleading Parliament. You can hardly charge him for the war as he had a massive majority in Parliament on that subject.

Maggie Thatcher was not charged with ordering the sinking of the Belgrano (Thanks to a missing log book).

Blair was not charged with any involvement in the David Kelly 'suicide'. His popularity, however, went on a downward spiral ever since. You cannot fool the public forever.

I think it would be better to let sleeping dogs lay, after all we are, shortly, going to see the last of two of the most duplicitous leaders in the last 25 years, namely Blair and Bush.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    I think it's war crime Sillars wants him charged with and he says legal experts tell him there is a case to answer.

I don't thinks it will ever happen, but if wee Eilish is even considering it that in itself would be pretty extraordinary.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    I think it's war crime Sillars wants him charged with and he says legal experts tell him there is a case to answer.

I don't thinks it will ever happen, but if wee Eilish is even considering it that in itself would be pretty extraordinary.
    Probably the same legal experts that told Tony it was OK to go to war.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Indeed, just depends who's paying them.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    "There is no chance of a prosecution in England and Wales.

"But of course Scots law is an entirely different entity, an entirely different jurisdiction with different rules, procedures and instruments available to it.”
    So how would that apply? Would there need to be a kind of internal extradition?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.