Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This one has to go in the Clinton column, I guess...

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    ...really, this could only have happened under, um...well, then.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281217,00.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, that's just wrong.

Bomb the fuck out of them, I say.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Snee View Post
    Yeah, that's just wrong.

Bomb the fuck out of them, I say.
    Rather than into them, eh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    ...really, this could only have happened under, um...well, then.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281217,00.html
    Air Force spokeswoman Lt. Col. Cathy Reardon said the idea was proposed by an Air Force researcher at a lab at Brooks Air Force Base in Texas, but it was rejected by the Defense Department. Officials noted that the Air Force constantly is considering funding proposals.

No money was spent, Reardon said, and no such weapons are being considered. The goal was to create a non-lethal weapon to be used against enemy troops.
    So what exactly could "only have happened under, um...well, then" ?

The rejection of the idea and no money being spent on it?

Such a comment could lead one to think you believe it would have been taken up under any other administration

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Air Force spokeswoman Lt. Col. Cathy Reardon said the idea was proposed by an Air Force researcher at a lab at Brooks Air Force Base in Texas, but it was rejected by the Defense Department. Officials noted that the Air Force constantly is considering funding proposals.

No money was spent, Reardon said, and no such weapons are being considered. The goal was to create a non-lethal weapon to be used against enemy troops.

Such a comment could lead one to think you believe it would have been taken up under any other administration
    So what do you think I took away from the story, Nigel?

The only sure fact that may be fairly derived from it is that no story, issue, complaint, rumor, or what-have-you (and you must admit at this point there has been plenty of everything) about the Bush administration quite resembles this.

Has the pointing up of such factoids driven you totally moon-batty after a mere 200-odd days of Democrat "control" at all (at all).

Why so touchy, Nigel?

Outside of you and Busyman, the rest of us are having a blast.

BTW-

How do you feel about defending your point, which (no matter how you view things) reduces to:

See? Your brand of incompetence is completely inferior to Ours..."

Also-

Have you the question I requisitioned from Headquarters.

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The rumours were rife about this when it was suggested years ago.

I have nothing against a gay method of stopping wars as long as it is not Enola Gay.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post

So what do you think I took away from the story, Nigel?

The only sure fact that may be fairly derived from it is that no story, issue, complaint, rumor, or what-have-you (and you must admit at this point there has been plenty of everything) about the Bush administration quite resembles this.

Has the pointing up of such factoids driven you totally moon-batty after a mere 200-odd days of Democrat "control" at all (at all).

Why so touchy, Nigel?

Outside of you and Busyman, the rest of us are having a blast.

BTW-

How do you feel about defending your point, which (no matter how you view things) reduces to:

See? Your brand of incompetence is completely inferior to Ours..."

Also-

Have you the question I requisitioned from Headquarters.
    I thought it was quite funny.

Do you think vid would have said anything if

1) it wasn't you posting the thread coupled with

2) mentioning this goes in the Clinton column

Tbh, my first thought when seeing the thread title was, "Oh here we go again".

Then I thought the article was quite funny then...

I thought, "Wtf does this have to do with the Clinton column?"

Then I go, "Oh it's just j2, again."

Your line about the Bush admin is quite funny too. Are you trying to be ironic?
    Last edited by Busyman™; 06-12-2007 at 10:02 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

I have nothing against a gay method of stopping wars as long as it is not Enola Gay.
    Yeah I heard something about this awhile ago.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

You are right there, because this story points to a silly idea being turned away, Bush would no doubt embrace it.

Please explain what exactly some inventor proposing something has to do with the Clinton administration. If the story was that it was proposed and accepted then it would have an attachment.

It's a funny story worth posting, I just wonder what kind of obsession (apart from the mantra "everything was Clinton's fault" ) led you to say it could only have happened under Clinton.

You remind me of British tabloid headlines like "Queen in gun scare shocker".

The headline might make one think someone had actually planned something or got near to the queen with a gun. The story would turn out to be a gun was found in a trash can the day before and two miles away from somewhere the queen was visiting.

Officials noted that the Air Force constantly is considering funding proposals.
    perhaps you should concentrate on what actually got through instead of what didn't

I'm not being touchy, what I'm asking is one of those questions that you never seem to answer but instead pose another question.

I asked a question and you answered with another question then asked me when I am going to ask you a question

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

I don't like your, um...innuendo.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast