Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: AT&T on the lookout for Web piracy

  1. #1
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    20
    Posts
    11,028
    According to Greg Sandoval's C|Net News blog and the Los Angeles Times--Hollywood Studios has recently recruited AT&T in the everlasting fight against piracy.

    Privacy groups are on high-guard with recent rulings that may enable users to be identified regardless of a web site's privacy policy or even their consent. Gigi Sohn, president of Public Knowledge (a privacy advocate), states that "AT&T is going to act like the copyright police, and that is going to make customers angry."

    AT&T is not the only group as such, but the alliance between the film studios and the AT&T's ISP service have set forth a goal "to develop anti-piracy technology that will target the most frequent offenders."

    The fight against online illegal filesharing just took a step up, but will it last?

    Source: C|Net News Blog
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 06-15-2007 at 01:58 AM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

  2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    11,082
    MORE ARTICALS
    http://www.mediachannel.org/wordpres...mpaa-and-riaa/
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&sn=002&sc=870

    Oh, and I have AT&T btw LOL I am not happy about this.

  3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    638
    hmm, if they have that kind of technology, why can't they catch internet predators and people who watch child porn?

  4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    20
    Posts
    11,028

    Tongue

    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Looks like Gigi Sohn was right then.

    Why don't you post some news in your spare time, I mean your name is already orange
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

  5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    hmm, if they have that kind of technology, why can't they catch internet predators and people who watch child porn?
    No one is losing millions of dollars because their innocent child was a victim of a horrible monster. The record and movie industries smother the protective rights and investigations of the innocent to ensure their own hides and dirty money stay well protected into the night.

  6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Damn it!! AT&T just bought my ISP!! Fuck!

  7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,979
    I'm expecting a bear market trend for the AT&T stock in the next few days..
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT


  8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    I'm expecting a bear market trend for the AT&T stock in the next few days..
    I don't. This probably won't have an effect on the overall market trend. I'm sure most people (including me) will not change ISP because of this new policy. And probably won't weigh (much) on consumer's decision to buy.

    The stockholders probably feel this way too, and would have no reason to speculate a drop in price (or maybe I'm just being optimistic )

    It probably would be good if prices did start going down. Then maybe they would reconsider their new partnership

  9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    20
    Posts
    11,028

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by delimare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    hmm, if they have that kind of technology, why can't they catch internet predators and people who watch child porn?
    No one is losing millions of dollars because their innocent child was a victim of a horrible monster. The record and movie industries smother the protective rights and investigations of the innocent to ensure their own hides and dirty money stay well protected into the night.
    You beat me
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

  10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,979
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    I'm expecting a bear market trend for the AT&T stock in the next few days..
    I don't. This probably won't have an effect on the overall market trend. I'm sure most people (including me) will not change ISP because of this new policy. And probably won't weigh (much) on consumer's decision to buy.
    I would change ISP if AT&T is my current one. Perhaps majority of their customers wont. But seeing as illegal filesharers grow every year, it stands to reason that a large part of their userbase will take note of this and act accordingly I presume. Noone wants a "copyright police" as their internet service provider. At least I dont.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •