Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AT&T on the lookout for Web piracy

mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DefianceX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    I don't. This probably won't have an effect on the overall market trend. I'm sure most people (including me) will not change ISP because of this new policy. And probably won't weigh (much) on consumer's decision to buy.
    I would change ISP if AT&T is my current one. Perhaps majority of their customers wont. But seeing as illegal filesharers grow every year, it stands to reason that a large part of their userbase will take note of this and act accordingly I presume. Noone wants a "copyright police" as their internet service provider. At least I dont.
    I've talked with an employee (brother of a friend) and he told me that the ISPs divvy up territory to an extent. If' that's true, then some people just don't have a choice like me. I live in a somewhat remote location (school) and at&t is my only option (well, not if you consider 50KB/s down on a firewalled apartment complex network an option).

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz View Post
    Looks like Gigi Sohn was right then.

Why don't you post some news in your spare time, I mean your name is already orange
    LOL I am posting in my spare time, just contributing to stories I an interested in.

I suggest that anyone with AT&T, whether they are scared or not, should change companies. They suck anyways, and we need to boycott them. This isnt right, and I don't think we should stand for it. As soon as I can I am switching to Comcast. Comcast has stated over and over that customers data is private.

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    WHiKWiRE's Avatar MooPhEuS

Cool

The picture of the AT&T spokesman for Internet Piracy looks scary. Well I say BRING IT.

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    ulun64's Avatar Poster
    Avoid all AT&T to protect our own privacy. Any website that's disregard consumer privacy should be boycott.

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Total BS!

6. News (Archive)   -   #16
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    This is terrible, just terrible. I've been with this ISP for so long and they stab me in the back with this bullcrap. Not sure what i should do.

7. News (Archive)   -   #17
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Quote Originally Posted by ulun64 View Post
    Avoid all AT&T to protect our own privacy. Any website that's disregard consumer privacy should be boycott.

So true, once they see people leaving them on a large scale I'm sure they realize that they Fk'd up. It will have been to late for them, but at least others who are considering the same deal will think twice before back-stabbing there customers just to put a little more money into there pockets.

If I was with AT&T, no way I would be staying with them.
    Unless I was in your position Mbucari, but thats different, and you should watch out.
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

8. News (Archive)   -   #18
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ulun64 View Post

So true, once they see people leaving them on a large scale I'm sure they realize that they Fk'd up. It will have been to late for them, but at least others who are considering the same deal will think twice before back-stabbing there customers just to put a little more money into there pockets.

If I was with AT&T, no way I would be staying with them.
    Unless I was in your position Mbucari, but thats different, and you should watch out.
    yeah, I know. I'm curious to know their methods for catching us. I might just end up downloading via European seedbox and DL to home though TSL encrypted ftp.

9. News (Archive)   -   #19
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    i've been researching about this and i can't find if this is going to make an impact or not. Someone said encrypting your data will do you just fine. Some say this is just a bluff and they're just doing what they have been doing for the past years. Any ideas? i've sorda paused my filesharing for now, and i have to say, its been "HELL"

10. News (Archive)   -   #20
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    AT&T does not include Comcast right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast