Your Ad Here Your Ad Here

View Poll Results: Are you Deaf?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 4.17%
  • No

    22 91.67%
  • Mildly

    1 4.17%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Are you Deaf?

  1. #1
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    Out of interest.

  2. Music   -   #2
    LethaL ImpuLse's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    34
    No, though my hearing has probably degraded from all the music listening and shows.

  3. Music   -   #3
    samoyan's Avatar Comedy Club Resident BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lost Paradise
    Posts
    357
    Not yet.

  4. Music   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,497
    What???

  5. Music   -   #5
    express98's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    uk blackpool
    Posts
    226

    Laugh

    Only when the wife wants something

  6. Music   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,588
    no, but i did lose hearing for a while once from a grenade going off to close...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

    Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

  7. Music   -   #7
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Partially deaf in my right ear since I was 35. I can hear music in both ears OK using Shure earphones or the type you used to get in the hospital.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

  8. Music   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    13,671
    Quote Originally Posted by LethaL ImpuLse View Post
    No, though my hearing has probably degraded from all the music listening and shows.
    It is indeed difficult to turn off your ears.

    Quote Originally Posted by samoyan View Post
    Not yet.
    hope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    What???
    Hello? Can you hear me now?

    Quote Originally Posted by express98 View Post
    Only when the wife wants something
    OOOOhhhh the horror
    (although i doubt it is "she wants" it is more "she demands")

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    no, but i did lose hearing for a while once from a grenade going off to close...
    Move to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Partially deaf in my right ear since I was 35. I can hear music in both ears OK using Shure earphones or the type you used to get in the hospital.
    Well your lucky because most sounds come from the left.

    My brother has two deaf friends, i once asked them a naive question.
    "What do you think about people that can hear"

    "They find the need to talk all the time just to fill up the space"

    If it where a choice between vision or sound, i would give up sound.

    I have read about those headphones. no outer sound distraction, is this true?

  9. Music   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    7,734
    I wouldn't say I am.

  10. Music   -   #10
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30,399
    Quote Originally Posted by 100% View Post
    It is indeed difficult to turn off your ears.

    Quote Originally Posted by samoyan View Post
    Not yet.
    hope?

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234 View Post
    What???
    Hello? Can you hear me now?

    Quote Originally Posted by express98 View Post
    Only when the wife wants something
    OOOOhhhh the horror
    (although i doubt it is "she wants" it is more "she demands")

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails View Post
    no, but i did lose hearing for a while once from a grenade going off to close...
    Move to Canada.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post
    Partially deaf in my right ear since I was 35. I can hear music in both ears OK using Shure earphones or the type you used to get in the hospital.
    Well your lucky because most sounds come from the left.

    My brother has two deaf friends, i once asked them a naive question.
    "What do you think about people that can hear"

    "They find the need to talk all the time just to fill up the space"

    If it where a choice between vision or sound, i would give up sound.

    I have read about those headphones. no outer sound distraction, is this true?
    Yes. They are fantastic. If I am sitting at the computer listening to music my wife has to come over and tap me on the shoulder to get my attention. It frightens the hell out off me.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •