Thread: Federer fails to convert again...

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Second time in a row lost to Nadal in the final of the French Open.

Federer converted just 1 of 17 break points, while Nadal converted 4 of 6. I personally believe this was the main reason Feder lost in 4 sets.

The question stands - Will Federer ever win Roland Garros? Will Nadal ever lose on the Philippe Chatrier court?

Discuss

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I like tabletennis better.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Again in 4 sets =( i had the hope than if he were going to lose again against rafa at least he'll do it in 5 sets...

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i dont understand why federer is so sluggish on clay, all his forehands were crossing over the lines though his placements were good.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    gossard25's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    When you have 19 break points and don't convert your gonna lose now matter how good you are . You are bound to face pressure on your own serve if you cannot convert any of your break points. Plus to add to his misery his service let him down. Damn I was so disappointed anyways he going to win it next time. He gave the match gift wrapped to Rafa when he should have won it in 3. Its not going to happen again thats for sure. Hope he wins Wimbledon and the US.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    maxehhh's Avatar Downloader BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjazzy View Post
    i dont understand why federer is so sluggish on clay, all his forehands were crossing over the lines though his placements were good.

It's like the saying: The goals you don't make in one area you will get it in the other

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Rog will win it the year Nadal is injured.......