Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BitTorrent Problem?

nom nom nom BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Hi,
    recently I have aquired access to some private trackers and when I download a torrent then start downloading it, it never uploads, this kills my ratio and I'm almost sure it's not my clients as i've been trying to do it in both utorrent and bittorrent.
    Any ideas, anyone?
    Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Are you downloading old torrents that noone else is leeching?Are you connectible?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    No they are no torrents, and I've been trying to download torrents with low seeder amounts to help get my ratio up...and I can connect as I can download them fine at normal speed.
    thanks

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    In utorrent click on options/speed guide then click on the button that says "test if port is forwarded correctly" and tell me what it says on the page that pops up.

Also what kind of connection and connection speed do you have for upload?

I.E. dsl,cable,dialup 1Mb 2Mb 3Mb?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Not sure exactly what connection but speedtest says around 500kbps down and 250kbps up.
    Port looks fine. =/
    OK! Port 62795 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    are there any leechers on the torrents?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Well yeah everything should be working fine for you from what you have said the only thing i can think is that there is not many leechers on the torrent you are downloading.

The reason is if there isn't many people trying to get the torrent(leech) and there are a lot of people giving the torrent(uploaders)then the few people that are leeching it will go to the fastest uploaders which wouldn't be you.All i can say is just be persistent when it comes to uploading as in keep uploading the torrent for a long time and everything should be good.I have the same upload speed as you and it's not all that good.
    Last edited by deuce6000; 06-16-2007 at 09:28 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    So you're saying if I want to quickly get some upload I should try a torrent with lots of leechers?
    Thanks for the help guys!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Yes that is exactly what to do even if you don't particularly want the torrent and if you still need that pm me your email bro.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    if your using utorrent what is your number of connections set to?

options/pref/bittorrent

upload speed set to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast