Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do eyes change colour?

Weirdly, i was blonde hair/blue eyes until i was 10 years old. Then, over the next year, my hair turned dark brown, as did my eyes.

Now, my eyes are more light brown/hazel. After having a walk recently in the bright sunshine recently, my friend said my eyes were very green....i looked int' mirrow and they were, and it wasn't just the light in the room. They change quite a lot, other people have started saying my eyes are turning green a lot recently, and then back to hazel.

I'm not bothered enough to go to the doctor, but wtf is going on? Am i turning into the incredible hulk, or is this normal?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    My eyes change colour depending on the light. I've always assumed it was the way different light conditions light reflected from the pigmentation. I have no idea if that's true, I've just always thought it.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

3. Lounge   -   #3
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    My nursing professor said its the melanin. Thats all I know as I cant recall anything significant several semesters back.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    So, the pigment then.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

5. Lounge   -   #5
    snowultra's Avatar Member
    i have hazel eyes too, and they change.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    XTorrenter's Avatar Addict BT Rep: +2
    My eyes color changes after I take a shower

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo12345 View Post
    Weirdly, i was blonde hair/blue eyes until i was 10 years old. Then, over the next year, my hair turned dark brown, as did my eyes.

Now, my eyes are more light brown/hazel. After having a walk recently in the bright sunshine recently, my friend said my eyes were very green....i looked int' mirrow and they were, and it wasn't just the light in the room. They change quite a lot, other people have started saying my eyes are turning green a lot recently, and then back to hazel.

I'm not bothered enough to go to the doctor, but wtf is going on? Am i turning into the incredible hulk, or is this normal?
    Hepatitis

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    There's actually two different explanantions for it.

About 15-20% experience a change of eye colour just before or during puberty, this is because some of the genes that 'decide' your eye colour react with some of the sexual hormones released in your body.

When you experience an eye colour change as an adult, it'll often be less drastic ( as you noticed yourself), the reason for this is, is that your genes are now responding to elements in your environment. (illness, pressure etc... )
    It also has a lot to do with protein intake, and what type of protein your body is producing. As JP said, it's the way the pigment reacts, and pigment, in essence is just a type of protein.

Hope that was helpful

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post

About 15-20% experience a change of eye colour just before or during puberty, this is because some of the genes that 'decide' your eye colour react with some of the sexual hormones released in your body.

When you experience an eye colour change as an adult, it'll often be less drastic ( as you noticed yourself), the reason for this is, is that your genes are now responding to elements in your environment. (illness, pressure etc... )
    It also has a lot to do with protein intake, and what type of protein your body is producing. As JP said, it's the way the pigment reacts, and pigment, in essence is just a type of protein.
    or Hepatitis

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post

or Hepatitis

Wouldn't hurt reading some other people's post before you make another wise ass crack eh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast