Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lame

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    It's lame to want credit for your post. Imo, newsgroups (binary) have always been about the content. It's not about ratios and an individuals glory.

It's nice that posters take the trouble to upload content to Usenet, create
    proper NZB files. (with nfo doc, links and pics) and post them here, for other
    users convenience.

However, it doesn't make you special and you're not any cooler, because you posted a grab...5 minutes before someone else.

Why do we have multiple "mods" in the torrent and Newsgroup sections? It's just asking for chaos.

Btw, the user's post should of been cleaned up by a "mod"-
    not thrashed.

*I copied and pasted this from an earlier post of mine.

-bd

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    you sound really unappreciative, prehaps you should just find another place for your downloads. I for one.. am happy this place even exists and definately appreciate those that make this whole usenet business easier for people like me.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    I post NZB files myself sometimes. However, I don't flood the board
    with files looking for personal "glory" I use the board NZB files myself
    as I stared, earlier. I also use numerous other sources. (FTP,torrents
    SoulSeek, NZB search engines and how quaint...headers.)

It's ok to question the current state of conditions. You won't get
    banned from the site.

It has nothing to do with being unappreciative, lad.

-bd

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    It's lame to want credit for your post. Imo, newsgroups (binary) have always been about the content. It's not about ratios and an individuals glory.

users convenience.

However, it doesn't make you special and you're not any cooler, because you posted a grab...5 minutes before someone else.

Why do we have multiple "mods" in the torrent and Newsgroup sections? It's just asking for chaos.

not thrashed.

-bd
    He didn't want credit for anything, at least that's not why the repost was done. As has been mentioned, the post had no description, nfo, image, imdb link, etc. If you've ever tried to edit an NZB that you've posted, you'd know that it's far easier to just repost it than to edit the original - especially with as much content needed to be added to the post in question.

There is also a sticky thread which contains posting guidelines for NZBs - not suggestions, but guidelines. If posters want their posts to be taken seriously, they should adhere to those guidelines.

yo

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Works fine so far. Quite well at that. Its been like this for some time actually. If your suggesting the rare scrape being an issue Im sure youll always find some. The mods and these sections are as far from chaos I think. If your reffering to the recent issue its been looked into and sorted. Weve moved on now.

Havent quoted the rest as it appears to me as a bit of a rant. Speculation why some post and why they should or what they should or shouldnt think. Whats the point in all that but creating your own chaos or argument. Think we have a nice community going. Think most would agree. Couple scrapes isnt anything to suddenly tear down walls for...

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Reality, I wasn't trying to be a cunt. I was stating an opinion. I agree this is a nice section of the board and as I stated earlier, it's very decent of users to take their time to post nzb's.

However, there are people in this world - who feel the need to be thanked and have their arse kissed for doing what is decent.

I wasn't referring to TowerBlocks or anyone in particular, as I stated earlier.

I've been using Usenet for a long time and I don't want to see it
    turn into a - feckin p2p mess.

I'm actually glad to see this section, liven up a bit. It's often, quite somber.

Peace, brotherdoobie
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 06-19-2007 at 08:10 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Unsure

Why does multiple mods equate to chaos? I think it's a good thing, they do a good job and deserve a wee 'thanks' every now and then.

Also I think some of the mods are in different time zones so that helps as well.

Btw doobie it may not have been you intention sound like a c*nt. But you do come off sounding like a rather large one.

Just my opinion.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    'K.

Peace, bd

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster

users convenience.

not thrashed.

-bd
    There wouldn't have been any releases for you to download if it wasn't for the "credit" that people get from "start" to "finish" in the warez world.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    I've uploaded my fair share to Usenet... from FTP sources. I know how it works, lad.

Cheers, to those that upload to the beloved Usenet. It is very decent
    of you to post your nbz's here.

I was a wee bit drunk, and my post sounded harsher, than I met it to.

Peace, Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast