Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DiRT: Colin McRae Off-Road

Mustkunstn1k's Avatar Mustkunstn1k
    So who has already played it and what do you think about it?

Me: Colin Mcrae 2.0 was always the best and I still think it is the best CM. But the graphics are wow, had to but everything to low / no to play it without lag. Handling and stuff are pretty crazy, but it's worth a shot.
    Noob 2 Torrents.

2. Games   -   #2
    DominatoR's Avatar Me BT Rep: +3
    I recently finished the game (career mode )and I thought it was great. Really loved the handling. I also had to turn everything to low in order to play it without lag but still, the game looked fantastic.

3. Games   -   #3
    raspberry1331's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    is it right that it won't run without pixel shader 3?

4. Games   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Colin McRae DiRT-RELOADED was just released. Gonna grab it tomorrow and see how it is

5. Games   -   #5
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I wish my Xbox 360 would support my G25 so I can play this game, otherwise I probably won't be buying it. Fuck Microsoft and their proprietary bullshit MS wheel.

6. Games   -   #6
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    I played it on the 360 and I was mildy impressed. I'd love to compare it to the PC version but my x800 isn't up to snuff, unfortunatly.

Anyway, I thought the way the vehicles moved and handled on the track was a bit unrealistic. The replays could have been a bit more smooth and the vehicles looked like they were jumping all over the place during replay as well. You would smash up against a rock face with the side of the vehicle and the rock face almost acted like a bumper in a pinball machine making the vehicle look like it was teleported an inch or two away from the rock face. It just looked a bit cheap as if they rushed the physics a bit.

Graphics are decent. I do love the layout of the menu and the way you can navigate around it. I didn't spend more than 2 days playing it though before I sent it back to Gamefly. Honestly, I'm getting tired of all these racing games. I want some good RPG's that I can sink my teeth into.

If you like off road racing games then I highly suggest this game, it's well worth the time and it's a blast to blaze through winding uphill courses to wide open deserts amongst a whole onslaught of other drivers with a taste for blood and the finish line!

7. Games   -   #7
    I've been debating whether to download this of that new driver game that came out "Driver Parallel Lines-ViTALiTY". Which is better?

8. Games   -   #8
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    I've been debating whether to download this of that new driver game that came out "Driver Parallel Lines-ViTALiTY". Which is better?
    ohh boy last driver was so crappy for a moment i felt like am playing PS1, it didn't take me 5 min to uninstall it, from new screen shots it looks it didn't change a bit since driver 3.
    driver legend died soon when part 2 released altho graphic wise it was ok on DC.
    now Dirt is whole different type of game but as many people said it has huge thrust, even biggest game cards cant handle it at high setting(not even ultra) but its worth playing it.

i really like the menu sound track, any idea where to get it?
    Last edited by BawA; 06-24-2007 at 01:33 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

9. Games   -   #9
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Dirt and Parrallel Lines are two totally different games but like delimare said, if you like off road racing games then get Dirt, and in my opinion, if you want to play a game just like GTA for whatever reason, then get Parallel Lines and if you happen to like both then just download both games.

Also I like to point out that I have Parrallel Lines for Xbox, so I can say that it's wayyy better than Driv3r but doesn't compare to the original Driver because they are more focused on copying the GTA franchise gameplay than the original driving formula they originally had.

10. Games   -   #10
    Downloading DiRT, Should run good on a 320mb 8800GTS eh?

Edit: It runs good but is a very shitty game.... the handling is so unrealistic... I went off the road one time and rolled my car about six times into a bunch of trees. LOL
    Last edited by S!X; 06-25-2007 at 05:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast