Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the metal gone?

Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    i have been longing for a new album on the level of classics such as Slipknot's first, Deftones - Around the FuR, KoRn - Follow The Leader, Ill Nino's first etc...but all i seem to be hearing is that damn emo stuff!!! Anyone know of any new METAL bands out there?
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

2. Music   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    c'mon! there's tons of new music out there for EVERY genre imaginable.

the human abstract, scars of tomorrow, heaven shall burn, unearth and twelve tribes released new cds not too long ago, emmure, the burning season, and more.

if you're into that nu-metal type stuff (korn, deftones) chevelle and linkin park just released new cds.

3. Music   -   #3
    Evil_Monkey's Avatar I OWN YO ASS
    I know a few good metal bands with new albums out right now
    Some new some old but all are deffinently not emo

Atreyu - A Death-Grip On Yesterday
    Poisonblack - Lust Stained Despair
    Mushroomhead - Savior Sorrow......................(good substitute for Slipknot)
    Bullet For My Valentine - The Poison
    Lamb Of God - Sacrament
    Chimaira - Resurrection
    Caliban - The Awakeing
    Still Remains - Of Love And Lunacy
    Devildriver - The Fury Of Our Maker's Hand
    Trivium - The Crusade
    Sanctity - Road To Bloodshed

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    The nu metal fad died out a while ago and in my mind was worse than the current 'emo' one. Real metal was and is still very much alive, look to Scandinavia, Germany and Italy for some good bands - it'll be a bit of an eye opener for you. http://www.last.fm/place/finland is a list of a fair few quality metal bands although since its a countrywide ranking you still get some popular yet crap music coming through.
    finnish metal rocks :>. Sonata Arctica, Ensiferum, Wintersun, Children of Bodom, Apocalyptica...
    Thank you for Stam1na, Waltari, Finntroll, Kotiteolisuus, Korpiklaani, Turisas, Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, and so much more wonderful music!
    Those quotes contain some of the best metal around and this is just from finland.

5. Music   -   #5
    Misery Signals - Mirrors
    As I Lay Dying
    DevilDriver (the new one "The Last Kind Words" is really good)
    All That Remains
    Hatebreed
    Illdisposed

Theres tonnes of great stuff out there, but i agree you don't tend to find a lot of top notch albums like you used to

6. Music   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    get some real metal not shitnot limp dickshit and bands like that

iced earth angel dust dio Iron Maiden Megadeth nethermore Wild steel

get some real metal not shitnot limp dickshit Korn and bands like that call themselves Nu metal

iced earth
    angel dust
    dio
    Iron Maiden
    Megadeth
    nethermore
    Wild stee
    Helloween
    Overkill
    Dream Theater (new album is awsome)
    Last edited by Adster; 06-24-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. Music   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Try Slayer.

8. Music   -   #8
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Bullet for my valentine and all the trivium albums

9. Music   -   #9
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Scremo.....

Yuck
    No Whining

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenmunky View Post
    ...but all i seem to be hearing is that damn emo stuff!!!
    To get a better understanding of what your trying to say, I went to wikipedia
    Emo (an abbreviation of "emotionally-driven Hardcore punk") is a term now broadly used to describe almost any form of guitar-driven alternative rock that expresses emotions beyond traditional punk's limited emotional palette of alienation and rage.
    Well we aren't talking about punk so I imagine your talking about the sceamo subgenre that came from emo, right? Screamo is usually associated with Metal and metalcore. Again, from wikipedia
    Characteristic of the genre are screaming vocals, harmonized guitars, and fast-paced riffs. Breakdowns in screamo songs are often faster and more heavy than in other genres, less of a "beatdown" and more of an opportunity for introspection (and rest for the musicians). Other than that, it is fairly hard to classify (particularly since the rule about screaming vocals is bent fairly often). In addition to that, screamo has significant overlap with other genres like grindcore and even post rock.
    A good screamo/metalcore band is Avenged Sevenfold. And if you have this image in your mind that all emo/screamo bands are pussies... well let's just say you haven't seen a7x in concert.
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-25-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast