Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulp Fiction

Originally posted by sparkyjones23@16 June 2003 - 18:07
    Neither is killing people before 9am lol
    i think its gold in the case cos it glows
    yah but then again it could be radioactive materials being used for some big operation but you know. just a thought.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by ezyryder@16 June 2003 - 14:12
    apparantly what is in the breifcase is the devils soul. Going by old mythology, whoever saw that would die thus in the film EVERYONE who saw inside the breif case died -- note that samuel l jackson never actually looked in -- Also, think about it, the code number on the breif case was 666. Marcelus has a plaster on his back of the neck, cut shaving? Then again, going by more mythology this is where the soul is said to be extracted.

the movie is riddled with things to see like this! try watching it and thinking, it heightings the experience
    Interesting theory, but I disagree. The entire movie revolved around the boxing match, throwing the fight, etc. The "property" in the briefcase that Jules and Vincent were sent to recover was the championship belt, hense the golden glow.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Interesting theory, but I disagree. The entire movie revolved around the boxing match, throwing the fight, etc. The "property" in the briefcase that Jules and Vincent were sent to recover was the championship belt, hense the golden glow. 
    No way!!

Vincent cant speak for 30 seconds while hes looking at it! I dont think a championship belt would phase a hitman!

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    yeah, it's all plausable and your's is the best counter-acting theory i've heard to date. I'm going to watch it again, however I feel there was some form of spiritial symbolism weaved within the movie. I felt Marcelus was the Devil, and it was infact divine intervention which saved Samuel L Jackson from the bullets. He did not look in the case and he quoted a fake verse from the bible about "the path of the..." so one was saved, the other, Vincent, died.

Now as for butch etc, well jackson left so only vince n marcelus were staking out butch's appartment which explains the gun as i think someone else previously said. Now the motorbike (sorry, chopper... zed's chopper... zed's dead baby, haha sorry couldn't resist) said grace on it, Marcelus who owned the town let them leave on this motorbike. Does this symbolise the town as the garden of eden? they are leaving on the "grace of god" perhaps.

I have sooo much more, thats a breif summery of it. I am going to watch the movie again then get back to you lot if you wish? Seriously tho, don't ever take films of Quinten at face value, there is so much ambiguity in there (even in resevoir dogs) I suggest you watch it with an open mind and evaluate even the littlest of things from peoples names to road signs (as long as you know the right chronological movement of the movie, make sure you store lots of detail in your mind) to who killed who and when and how each person acted.

anyway, that's enough

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    anyway, that's enough
    I could do with more . Seriously. I could talk about this movie for hours and I love the theories. I've heard about the soul in the briefcase but not the significance of the chopper.

If you have any more material I'd really like to hear it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12