Thread: 'Vile' computer game using image of Bulger kidnap withdrawn from sale

popopot's Avatar To Me, To You BT Rep: +5

"A computer game which appears to show a CCTV image of murdered Liverpool toddler James Bulger being abducted has been withdrawn from saleJames's mother has attacked the game after it used the haunting image of her son.

Denise Fergus yesterday called for a boycott of the game over the "vile" use of the picture, which shows the two-year-old being led away to his death.
    She called on shops to stop selling the game, which is called Law And Order: Double Or Nothing.

The infamous still photo shows James being abducted by his ten-year-old killers, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables, from a Liverpool shopping centre in February 1993.

It is used as a visual clue in the game - which is based on the Channel Five television series of the same name - which asks players to help solve a murder in New York.

A fictional detective refers to the image of James, which is pinned on an office wall, when asking gamers to investigate a kidnapping."

Source: This Is London

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Wtf. Thats sick :p
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm sure I've seen tv-shows reference the Jamie Bulger case and show that picture, does that mean they are sick too?

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    dogie's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Two-year-old boy murderred by ten-year-old boys this is sick.
    btw. i'm curious how she found about this photo in game.