Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bittorrent? Say What?

bt++ take wy too much cpu power. but i am a little confuse w/ bittorrent cuz i just downladed 2 fast 2 furious and it there was 1 big file created in my hd called 2.Fast.2.Furious.INTERNAL.SVCD.TS-NOX. and inside that folder it has 2 other folder call cd1 and cd2. and inside those 2 folder there are like 50 .rar file so i dont know wht to do w/ them. how can i watch this movie. do i just use winrar and extract them all or what . can anyone help.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    and inside those 2 folder there are like 50 .rar file
    Open the 1st rar file and extract as normal. It will automatically extract all 50 files.

I have to say that I love bittorrent, its unbelievably fast. The RIAA must be crapping themselves about it too as many bittorrent sites have been hit by DoS.

Although I'm sure it's got nothing to do with them...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@16 June 2003 - 20:50
    and inside those 2 folder there are like 50 .rar file
    Open the 1st rar file and extract as normal. It will automatically extract all 50 files.

I have to say that I love bittorrent, its unbelievably fast.
    thanx for help but bittorrent isnt too fast for me, actually, it slow is s**t. i have dsl at the speed of 640k d/l and 256k u/l and i upload at about 20kps top and i only downlaod at 10kps if im lucky. anyway to speed this up.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    i have dsl at the speed of 640k d/l and 256k u/l and i upload at about 20kps top and i only downlaod at 10kps if im lucky. anyway to speed this up.
    It all depends on the popularity of the file and the tracker. If your one of the 1st people to start downloading the file its bound to be slow. The same thing will happen if you are using a tracker few people know about.

I have a 512/256 connection and I regularly get speeds of 50kps within 2 minutes of beginning the download and it stays at that speed till it finishes. Of course your ISP could be limiting traffic on that port so it's really hard to narrow slow speeds down to one thing.

Stick with it though There's alot of material you will never find on fasttrack.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by evilbagpuss@16 June 2003 - 22:03
    i have dsl at the speed of 640k d/l and 256k u/l and i upload at about 20kps top and i only downlaod at 10kps if im lucky. anyway to speed this up.
    It all depends on the popularity of the file and the tracker. If your one of the 1st people to start downloading the file its bound to be slow. The same thing will happen if you are using a tracker few people know about.

im kinda a noob too so wht is a tracker and im donwlaoding the hulk wp version and there is 34 people downlaoding and im still downloading at about 10kps top. thanx for the reply.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    im kinda a noob too so wht is a tracker and im donwlaoding the hulk wp version and there is 34 people downlaoding and im still downloading at about 10kps top. thanx for the reply.
    The tracker is just a program running on a server that orchestrates the mass download and allows hosts to find each other. A bit like a supernode in Kazaa without the search capability.

I really dont know why your getting slow speeds, my connection is always saturated within 2 minutes. Sorry

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    oh well there is always kazaa (which is also crap right now) but thanx for replying.

btw, would the fact that i have kazaa running while bittorrent running be it. or how about i have multiple download using bittorrent affect my speed. heres my download and speed right now

gta vice city=17kps
    the hulk wp =9kps
    shanghai knights= 5kps
    and bulletproof monk=1kps

all of this is runing while i have kazaa download 7 movies file. no one is uploading from me in kazaa though (i have sharing turn on not off) .

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    btw, would the fact that i have kazaa running while bittorrent running be it. or how about i have multiple download using bittorrent affect my speed. heres my download and speed right now
    I think that may have alot to do with it!

Try downloading the Hulk with nothing else running, you will see the true power of bittorrent.

enjoy

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    k thank you. so i guess u only downlaod one filee at a time w/ bittorrent to see the true speed of it. thanx a lot for helping me evilbagpus

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    ok after i decided to only download one file at a time (bulletproof monk) it speed up. from around 5kps to 35kps and stay at 35-37kps. im happy but couldnt help wondering why would it not go to the upper 60kps. i have 640k downlaod so 640 devided by 8 is 80kps. so y am i donwloading at upper 30kps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast