Thread: Need Opinions 4 What I Would Like 2 Buy

Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I would like to have your opinion on what item you think would be right for me. Here are what I am planning to get and you can also add something else if you think I might like it.

#1. New laptop. I have a 4 yr old PC and looking 4 a new one. The Apple MacBook Pro Laptop looks good. My question is, is it worth to get? I'm planning to use Final Cut Studio 2 on it to edit my home videos if I do buy it and I have used a Mac for 3 years in High School.

#2. MP3 Player. Contestants 4 me are either the iPod Video 80GB Black or Microsoft Zune 30GB MP3 Player. Of course I have tons of CDs and a couple DVDs I'll rip to my computer. I am planning to use this MP3 player all the time whether I'm at home or in my car.

#3. Satellite Radio. Should I get XM or Sirius? I'm a big baseball and 80s hair metal fan if this helps. I also would like a portable one. I will listen to it in my room, car and at my job.

#4. Wireless Cell phone. Motorola Razr, Samsung BlackJack, iPhone or Audiovox Snapper V8 PrePaid. Should I get a plan or a prepaid one? I would like a flip one, take pictures with it, listen to music, text messaging, voice activated features/walkie-talkie and maybe go online.

I know this is a long post but I am planning to get these pretty soon and I am unsure of what to get. Thanks for all of your input.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    iPod>Zune

3. Lounge   -   #3
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    1. If you're a Mac fag, go for it.

2. http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/...-32041576.html

Has an user-removable battery. (noice) an micro SD slot. It's a flash based
    player; no hard drive. (less moving parts, the better) It's about 80 dollars cheaper.

I love mine.

3. XM and Sirius have merged.

4. Get the iPhone and forget the mp3 player. (it's only for Cingular, as of now.)

Peace, Paul

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    > ipod.

fact.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    It's over priced and bound to fail, eventually. However, it's not shit Skizo.

-bd

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie View Post
    It's over priced and bound to fail, eventually. However, it's not shit Skizo.

-bd
    Well, the five ipods I've had (you read that correctly, five) that all are dead, seem to tell a different story.

I had an original iPod and then a Nano. Each died multiple times. I would take them back to the Apple store and they would always give me a new one. Each new one would always die. I don't think any of them ever lasted longer than 6 months. The Nanos never lived longer than 3 months.

> ipod

yo

7. Lounge   -   #7
    I was being sarcastic, Skizo. I've had two myself. It's too bad...I love the interface and the controls of the iPods.

-bd

8. Lounge   -   #8
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Sarcasm is the last resting place of the empty soul ..

Skizo also has 5 computers that also don't work, he forgot to mention that

In fact Skizo has a jinx..everything he touches fails...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

Again, I'm at a loss with your post. You seem to just pull arbitrary thoughts and ideas from thin air in which to post, which have nothing to do with anything.

As for the ipods, the only thing they have going for them over the competition is accessories and the fad. Once the fad wears off, and people begin to see better (and less expensive) alternatives, I think there will be a rather swift change in the tides.

I have a Sansa MP3 player that I love, but there are no accessories for the car that I'm aware of.

yo

10. Lounge   -   #10
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post

Again, I'm at a loss with your post. You seem to just pull arbitrary thoughts and ideas from thin air in which to post, which have nothing to do with anything.

As for the ipods, the only thing they have going for them over the competition is accessories and the fad. Once the fad wears off, and people begin to see better (and less expensive) alternatives, I think there will be a rather swift change in the tides.

I have a Sansa MP3 player that I love, but there are no accessories for the car that I'm aware of.
    You understand me Skizo that's exactly what I do thoughts from thin air..now I will have to try something else.