Thread: Resizing uTorrent Window

necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I just set up my leeware box this morning and everything went smoothly (thanks to buggyme). The only problem now is that I cannot resize the utorrent window or move the window around.

Any ideas?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    In putty, type this command:

vncserver :1 -geometry <width>x<height> (according to your resolution)

For example, vncserver :1 - geometry 1024x768
    Click here if you want to join TTC

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thanks redMonster, now it's much easier to read. Only problem is I can't stretch out the utorrent window to make it bigger or move it over so I can get at the command prompt.

Sorry, I know it's a noob question but I haven't used unix in like 5 years lol

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    The problem is that it is not windows explorer. The only way I have found to use to use the command line is to start a new instance of the vnc server. I'm by no means a linux expert, so there is probably another way. However, I don't think you'll be able to drag the window around like you do in windows.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Well at least it's useable the way it is. Now I can focus my posting on complaining about leeware's speeds lol.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Install twm (window manager)

There's a post about it that I'll dig up in a minute.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-fil...7/postcount171

There it is
    Last edited by kaoblanco; 06-28-2007 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah, you can install twm, but I don't really like it seeing as leeware is not really a powerful box. Installing twm can make controlling it slow. Although, I know a few people who installed GNOME/KDE on it and lived with it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Cool, thanks guys. I'll try it out in the morning, don't want to mess the box up too bad before bed

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I'm not linux pro, so I'll more than cede to Buggyme's statements.

Also, I had some trouble with context menus in utorrent when running twm. But, the one time use of twm to allow resizing of the utorrent window followed by the removal of twm gave me just what I was looking for.

My post about it here: https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-lee...997/postcount4

I make no claims this is the best/a good way to go, but it's just like I want it.