View Poll Results: R U With Changing The Ratio Methhod ?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

64 44.76%
  • NO

51 35.66%
  • USE BOTH OF THEM

28 19.58%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R U With Changing The Ratio Methhod?

RaPPeR's Avatar (¯\( o_0)/¯) BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    almost all peoples that have the [current] high level trackers and worked hard to get it will be against it.
    and most of those that dont have high levels will be for it.
    but trading its not about content . its about rarity. and almost only the rarity.
    so if the new system will be, i dont think it will be that "fun" to collect trackers for peeps. cuz every one can get TL . but they want what they cant get, and it means rare trackers!
    i actually dont know if i'm for it or against it. ^^
    but because i dont have a lot of rare trackers and i'm against collecting them for fun . i'll vote "yes" .
    Last edited by RaPPeR; 06-25-2007 at 03:30 PM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    ps2king's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ah but do u know that hpj have almost no torrents, ive never come across any1 with an acc there so its kinda impossible to find that out.

unless u do no sum1 with acc

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    limpdickkid's Avatar Free Ringdings rule BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    We should have both, in two different threads. One rating just the rarity of the trackers the other accounting for everything. So that we dont have people saying that I'll give you say a 1TB buffered TL for an FTN invite. Although looking at it the new rating system that would sound like a good deal but most people know that rarity wise that would be a rip-off deal.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    Buggyme's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    "Ratio" -_-

Anyways, the current system is fine. Anyone who does not care about rarity can just look at the number inside the [].

Remember, the whole point of this is to guide newbies in trading. A tracker's value are mostly based on 'rarity', not actually the content itself. A lot of people give away TL, which means it's relatively low in trading value - easier to obtain, even though it is actually quite an excellent site.

If we combine the ratings together, then those ratings will not reflect the true trading value of the tracker and therefore the thread will not serve as a guide for "newbies" as effectively as before. For example, 'rarer' and less prolific (in terms of content/speed) sites like FSC, etc. may then have the same or similar rating as a common tracker but highly valued in terms of content/speed, like TL (under the new system)!

That would be a disaster because, people will then start offering TL for FSC because it has the same rating! Clearly, there is a clear difference in value between the two sites - you could probably get dozens of TL invites for an FSC account. Will that make FST a better place? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Buggyme; 06-25-2007 at 03:50 PM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    BANNED BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i think that we should use both and mix them as if site is only very rareity and speed and contonet r bad it get high level so i think that rairty be taken in the new rate but we use also the speed and contonet so FTN and ScT be in levle 10

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    let's keep the old and put a new one..

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    as long as i get my stuff d/l for free and i seed back dnt give a shit

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    valhala's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    new way is better
    we need content & speed

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    Trusted & Verified BT Rep: +1
    i prefer new way !

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by mikechrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    you could, no one would want to join it...

if your site has no good uploaders, not a good community etc... then you won't even have a overall rating of 2/10 on pretimes, content, speed. so even if your site is the rarest, you won't even see it on the WIAW because it's complete shit on all the aspects and then no one would bother...

even if UK-T or FTWR aren't the best trackers, they still are well established ones and it seems like their communities are great
    Well, Revolt and HPJ have almsot no torrents, no speed, no pretimes, aren't on WIAW thread but people would give all they have for them, so i guess you could make an ultra rare site which would we demanded, you just need a good community like those two sites do
    then if you start a site which has a community that everyone wanna join, then fine, it deserves it's rarity, but what are the odds that such a project would really work for you? quite low in fact

and like ps2king said, what do you know about HPJ, you were asking what it is in a thread 2 days ago...!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast