Thread: How Do Tiolet Manufacturers Test Their

Poster
    And why exactly do you want to talk about this?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@16 June 2003 - 01:56
    And why exactly do you want to talk about this?
    Because I have installed more toilets than I can count (commercial, industrial and residential). Some had to be sent back to the manufacture for defects. Makes you wonder.

I was just pondering. I got paid to install them. Who got paid to test them.

All I envision is that there is some guy in a lab coat peeing in a toilet while some guy/girl, in a lab coat, is hunkered down with a face shield and clipboard measuring the splash factor and the contour of the porclain. And they get paid more than I do. Do they determine that the toilet sculptor needs to add 2% more edging? Too much rim? etc...

30,000 K-Lite forum members and nobody works at a tiolet company to answer this?

3. Lounge   -   #3

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by tite-wad@16 June 2003 - 03:54
    I kinda doubt scientists in lab coats are watching each other go poddy.

And in some cases there was obviously absolutely no research done at all.

If bathroom fixtures were actually tested in the way you "envision", then there wouldn't ever be such a thing as URINAL SPLASHBACK!

Which comes to mind. Those plastice Anti-Splash doillies they place into the drian. Somebody had to test those then. Right?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Somebody had to test those then. Right?
    I didn't. I sware.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    I was gonna write a short story on the life of a toilet tester. I think I'll work on it now...

Anyways, the tests for products could be like the ones shown on The Simpsons, when Homer took out the crayon in his brain (episode name: HOMR). He had to test all that stuff like perfume. Maybe the manufacturers get human guinea (sp?)pigs.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    BANNED
    that last link is kinda funny