Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Demonoid Down?

Brokecore's Avatar Que? BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    They must be changing servers.

Due to the Leaseweb issue DaRotor posted a link to.

Or something to that effect.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    My guess is that they are just moving it to a new ISP to be safe. Although who knows how long that might take. I wish they would at least put the forums back up soon, so we would know what is going on.

But I'm glad I just got some good stuff off of there, so it should hold me off for a while.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    actully just found out in the IRC room it was just a hardware failure nothing to do with that legal issue and they have to backup to another HD etc and will be down a few days

PHEW!! I thought all the worst there

thank god I have a lot of torrents saved on my HD there I can download while its down seeing its still working the tracker

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    nsk's Avatar Sharer BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yep, hardware failure, just to confirm the above post, this was posted at torrent freak today:

Last week, Demonoid’s ISP was forced to take a smaller BitTorrent site offline. So, when the Demonoid site failed to respond this morning, many expected the worst.

However, the current downtime of Demonoid has nothing to do with legal actions, but with hardware issues. The Demonoid team says they are currently replacing harddrives, and that it could take a few days before the site is back up.
    The timeline given indicated that this is more than a regular hardware update. The downtime is probably caused by harddrive failure.
    The official announcement in the Demonoid IRC channel is:

“Site offline for a few days while harddrives get replaced”

At this point it is still uncertain if any data is permanently lost or how long it will take to get things up and running. Luckily the Demonoid trackers are not affected by the downtime. Demonoid is still one of the most used trackers, any downtime of the tracker will make thousands of torrents unusable in clients without DHT and multi-tracker support.
    Stay Tuned!
    Source: http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-off...or-a-few-days/

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Ah, cool. Well I wish them all speed in getting it back up then.

In the mean time, if I'm a Demonoid member (which I am) and I find a Demonoid torrent on another site (like Torrentspy), will I be able to download it, even though the site is down and there is no way to be logged in?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Sovan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid
    We had a system problem which will force us to restore everything from backup.
    The disks are pretty much empty right now and until we are able to upload the backup and set up everything up, we have to close down.

We'll be back as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I got this Email from them::

For information on Demonoid happenings, come back and visit the temp forum.

Regards,
    The Ruzsteroid Team.

http://www.ruzster.com/forum/index.php

I put in the details of My account and sure enough I got in, it says they are having problems with there servers.
    I dont know what else
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Nooooooo!

Where will I find new Howard Stern torrents now?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    try redskunk.org

Quote Originally Posted by phantasm9999 View Post
    Nooooooo!

Where will I find new Howard Stern torrents now?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerwiccan View Post
    In the mean time, if I'm a Demonoid member (which I am) and I find a Demonoid torrent on another site (like Torrentspy), will I be able to download it, even though the site is down and there is no way to be logged in?

I am pretty sure you can still download Demonoid torrents from, say, thepiratebay or isohunt.
    Demonoid's tracker is still responsive, at least for me. I don't know why.
    I just updated the torrents I am currently seeding and leeching from demonoid's tracker without fail.
    The tracker is http://inferno.demonoid.com:****/announce. The **** is used because demonoid changes ports allot, so it really could be any.
    Nonetheless the tracker still works and you can still download their torrents.

If you visit their site now it says:
    We had a system problem which will force us to restore everything from backup.
    The disks are pretty much empty right now and until we are able to upload the backup and set up everything up, we have to close down.

We'll be back as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    I just had to point out their spelling and grammar mistakes. Tsk tsk tsk. There should be a ";" after now, and there should not be an "up" after everything.

Anyway, I'd just like to speculate... they could just be lying to "the press" at torrentspy, and to us for that matter; they could have gotten in legal trouble.
    I can't imagine the incentive for lying to us, however. I guess I'm just being paranoid.

Demonoid = Torrent God
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-27-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast